Chapter 73

The two of them played chess in the courtyard, and they didn't stop until the bright moon was high.

The prince's guard camp is not here, so Jian Xun must stay with the prince overnight.

However, there was only one bed in the bedroom, so Jian Xun prepared to guard at the door of the room like he did in Jiangcheng.

Ning Xiuyun sat down beside the bed, reached out and patted the place beside him, motioning for him to come over.

Jian Xun held the saber in his arms and did not step forward.

"What? Are you afraid that I'll eat you?" Ning Xiuyun lazily teased: "Jian Qing doesn't want to have a good night's sleep with me? You are so restrained now, and you will come back after you have made military exploits, really Are you still willing to enter my door?"

"...Of course not." Jian Xun responded dully, and sat down next to Ning Xiuyun stiffly, feeling even more at a loss than when they slept in the same bed yesterday.

After all, there was Ning Xuan between the two of them yesterday, so it was not considered alone. Unlike today, in the silent room, Jian Xun could even hear the other person's breathing very clearly.

Ning Xiuyun saw that he was extremely nervous, so he thought about finding a familiar topic to relax Jian Xun. He should not always face him as if he was facing a formidable enemy, as if if he lowered his guard just a little, he would be plotting against him.

Ning Xiuyun leaned on the bed and asked, "You said that your master took you into the battlefield in southern Xinjiang. It seems that he is also a capable person, but the way he trained you is really a bit reckless." 

Ning Xiuyun heard this. Speaking of his master, Jian Xun quickly clarified his master's name: "Master, he is very skilled in martial arts and his methods are indeed reckless, but very useful."

Ning Xiuyun became interested and asked, "What kind of person is he?"

Jian Xun's current character was influenced by his father and the teachings of Jing Xuanhou and Fu Rushen, but more often than not, he learned the principles of life from that martial arts master.

If Jian Xun could be brought up like this, Ning Xiuyun would naturally be curious about who this master is.

But Ning Xiuyun soon learned that Jian Xun's growth was entirely due to his own efforts.

Jian Xun opened his mouth and said something that puzzled Ning Xiuyun: "Master originally had a home all over the world, and he stayed in the south of Daqi for a long time after he accepted me as his apprentice. However, he spent half of the month living there. In the brothel, they will only spend a small part of their time to teach me martial arts and let me practice martial arts on my own in the deep forest."

Jian Xun felt something was wrong as he spoke. He originally wanted Ning Xiuyun to have a good impression of his master. , he told the truth, but when he said it, it turned out to be bad.

Ning Xiuyun's face was complicated: "You are really lucky."

If he remembered correctly, Jian Xun could only be regarded as a toddler when he left Jiangcheng to practice martial arts. His master actually threw a child in the deep mountains and old forests like this. Go to the place of Fireworks and Willow Lane by yourself.

But it happened that Jian Xun had lived a good life until now, and had not even grown crooked due to his master's abuse, which made Ning Xiuyun want to scold him but he couldn't find anything to say.

Jian Xun coughed twice to cover up his embarrassment and tried his best to respect his master: "Master said that people who practice martial arts will encounter many dangers. I hope that I can get used to it since I was young so that I can never be afraid of danger." "Master is from the north and has a casual nature