Chapter 40

Pei Yan appears very "timely" every time, which makes people think that the other party is very indifferent, but for Shen Qi, she thinks this person does it on purpose.

Shen Qi saw clearly that from the moment the person at the window was replaced by Pei Yan, His Highness the Crown Prince immediately looked away, as if he had seen something that hurt his eyes.

Ning Xiuyun held his forehead with one hand and asked, "What's the matter?"

Pei Yan smiled lightly, but didn't say that he did it on purpose. "Does Your Highness know about the death of Jiangcheng guard Han Lin?"

Pei Yan did not disturb others at all. Feeling so excited, he held the reins with one hand and skillfully controlled the speed so that he could always block the window.

Ning Xiuyun couldn't help but glance at his hand.

There are a few calluses on the fingers, which look like they must have been left over from riding horses for a long time.

This Mr. Pei was not what he said, a weak scholar whose shoulders could not resist his arms and could not lift. At least he had never slacked off in his riding skills.

"I know. I have asked Mr. Fu to draft a memorial and report it back to the capital. I think the Ministry of Revenue will choose the successor." Ning Xiuyun said calmly.

He didn't seem to care at all how Han Lin died or who would take over the post of guard.

Pei Yan raised his eyebrows, this was somewhat different from what he expected.

Pei Yan groaned and said, "Why go to such trouble? Your Highness can just refer to anyone as you like. This will prevent the Jiangcheng defenders from being leaderless for a long time and causing trouble. Your Highness should also consider the people of Jiangcheng." 

Ning Xiuyun leaned back in his chair, knowing that Pei Yan was testing him.

Pei Yan simply did not believe that Han Lin's death was caused by any "righteous man" sent by Fu Rushen. Once Ning Xiuyun showed concern about the position of guard general, it showed that the matter was indeed related to him.

Ning Xiuyun suddenly raised his lips, thinking that he should let Pei Yan guess whether the matter was true or false.

So the people in the carriage were silent for a moment, and suddenly said with great interest: "Oh? What Pei Qing said is true."

Pei Yan frowned immediately, maybe he had been denied by the prince too many times recently, and suddenly heard a voice of agreement, He thought there was something wrong with his ears.

"I will think about it carefully."

A sudden chill ran down Pei Yan's spine, and an ominous premonition filled his heart.

Facts have proved that his premonition was accurate. Before the official start of the hunt that day, the prince sat on the main seat and stirred up a storm with just one sentence.

"Today Pei Qing said that Jiangcheng's guard position cannot remain vacant for too long, and he hopes to choose a single person to temporarily take charge of the general affairs."

Ning Xiuyun looked down at the soldiers below, and they all had different expressions.

The two original lieutenants of the Jiangcheng garrison's eyes lit up and they stretched their necks forward, hoping that His Highness the Crown Prince would turn his scrutinizing eyes on them. After being oppressed by Han Lin for so many years, how could it be possible once they had a chance to stand up? Not excited, even a grateful look towards Pei Yan.