Chapter 89

Ning Xiuyun leaned forward and pressed a kiss on Jian Xun's lips, but Jian Xun uncharacteristically did not kiss back immediately.

"I...I'm going out for a while!" Jian Xun said this dully, turned around and left.

Ning Xiuyun shook his head helplessly and continued walking towards the main courtyard instead of following.

When he arrived at the main courtyard, Shen Qi had already prepared the items for archery practice. According to today's original plan, they would first discuss the time of returning to Beijing before practicing archery, but the plan could not keep up with the change.

Shen Qi was a little surprised to see His Royal Highness the Prince came back alone.

These days, the two of them basically stay together all the time, and His Royal Highness is rarely alone.

She couldn't help but ask: "Your Highness, Mr. Jian isn't here?"

"I think you have something important to do. I'll probably be back soon." Ning Xiuyun sat down in front of the stone table in the courtyard, picked it up and put it on the table before leaving. Look at the book about the Daqi ritual system.

Shen Qi immediately became vigilant. Jian Xun now had the position of general, but it was actually a casual position, and the escort battalion was also at his disposal. Could there be anything important that required Jian Xun to go there in person?

Shen Qi felt anxious for His Highness, but looking at His Highness's calm expression, she guessed that the other party might know the reason for Jian Xun's departure.

Ning Xiuyun held the book for a long time without reading a single word.

The book was full of rules and regulations for the wedding ceremony. The page he was opening happened to be about marriage. It was complicated and cumbersome. Apart from the festive atmosphere of a newlywed, there was nothing worth admiring.

Ning Xiuyun suddenly asked: "Have the items customized by Guhe Meng's workshop arrived?"

Shen Qi nodded, turned around and went back to the side room to take out the items and hand them to His Highness the Crown Prince.

A small wooden box less than half the size of a palm. When opened, it has a red silk base and two gilt silver rings placed safely. They are coiled with dragons and phoenixes. They are not fancy, but have a silent nobility.

The width of the ring was only about a quarter of an ordinary ring. In this era, diamonds were still an unknown ore, and were far less expensive than jade.

But the jadeite inlaid on the ring was a bit tacky, so Ning Xiuyun chose a simple design such as engraving and gilding. The best thing was that the two people's names were engraved on the inner ring, using the unique technology of the Meng family workshop, there is a faint golden light flashing in the depression of the writing.

As a modern person, Ning Xiuyun actually doesn't have any sense of ritual. When he puts forward such a sense of ritual, it most likely means that he is going to start a deception scheme.

So Ning Xiuyun actually had some difficulties... He was struggling with how to solemnly propose marriage to Jian Xun. It was the first time in Ning Xiuyun's life that he had done such a thing, and of course he was a little unsure of Jian Xun's reaction.

Jian Xun seems to be a straightforward guy, but he is very romantic, and he takes care of him because he values ​​him. Ning Xiuyun doesn't want Jian Xun to feel the disparity from him.

Ning Xiuyun put down the wedding ring in his hand, raised his hand to call Shen Qi to his side, and asked something in a low voice.

"You should know where to get it, right?" He added hesitantly.