Chapter 75

Ning Xiuyun sat in front of the stone table for a day and a night, playing chess with himself.

He looked very calm, as if he was only interested in the chessboard in front of him.

The entire escort camp tried to persuade him many times but to no avail. Shen San even volunteered to go to the mountains of southwest China to look for traces of Jian Xun.

"Nonsense." Ning Xiuyun said in an indifferent tone. Although he was affected by Jian Xun's loss of contact, he would not completely lose his mind.

Jian Xun himself at least has experience in the dangerous southwest, and the escort camp, a group of northerners from Daqi who are resident in the capital, has a smaller chance of coming back alive than Jian Xun if they enter the mountains in the southwest.

Naturally, Ning Xiuyun would not let his subordinates die in vain.

"Send a team of people outside Nanjiang City to wait for him. If there is news, report back to Gu. Go down." Ning Xiuyun said softly, his tone was firm, but his whole body was tensed into a thread. He was already on the verge of getting there. Broken edges.

Shen San suddenly felt depressed. He felt that the prince was not in a state of believing that Jian Xun would come back. He was just holding his breath and waiting for news about Jian Xun.

If Jane cannot be found... Shen San doesn't even dare to think about this outcome.

Shen San took away the cold food on the stone table, and met Shen Qi who was wandering anxiously outside the hospital. When the other party saw the untouched food in his hand, his expression instantly collapsed.

She stepped forward and grabbed Shen San's collar and shook it desperately: "Think of a solution quickly. His Highness is not in good health to begin with. How can he hold on like this!"

Shen Qi lowered her voice deliberately, not wanting her negative emotions to affect her. His Highness the Crown Prince arrived in the courtyard.

The prince hadn't had any water or rice all day long, but he still remembered to wash himself. Just looking at his condition would not make anyone think that this man was on the verge of collapse.

It's like being in the best shape at all times so that someone can see him when he comes back.

Shen Qi was going crazy with anxiety, but when he saw Shen San pursed his lips tightly and said nothing, he knew that the commander had no good solution.

She became angry, turned around and left, gritting her teeth and saying: "I will kill Pei San to express my anger to His Highness. If it weren't for him..."

Pei Yan had already set off for the front line earlier today, and now he might be able to catch up if he works hard.

Before Shen Qi had gone far, she heard Shen San behind her shout: "Stop making trouble!" 

Shen Qi's steps suddenly stopped, and she stood there clenching her fists and saying nothing.

Because the two of them knew very well that this was just an expression of anger towards Pei Yan.

The prince also knew this very well. Even if Pei Yan had not proposed that strategy during the discussion, Jian Xun would have chosen the most difficult task in this southern invasion.

Especially people in the escort camp can better understand this idea of ​​winning in danger, because they have also come this way. The higher the risk, the easier it is to lose your life in the mission. Once you come back alive, what you get will far exceed the comfort level.

Shen San was the first to rise up during the bloodbath by the river that night, and he made a very similar choice to Jian Xun.

Shen San sighed and said: "His Royal Highness the Crown Prince is very aware of his physical condition. He will eat before he can't hold it any longer. Remember to deliver meals every day. He also advises His Highness to go back to his room to rest. The wind is cold at night and the iron is strong. His body can't bear it."