Chapter 26

The prince's voice was not loud enough, just enough to be heard by a few powerful officials in the front row. For a moment, everyone had different expressions. They didn't know whether they were surprised that the prince actually accepted Fu Rushen's recommendation, or they were annoyed by their own family's junior was not selected.

Seeing that there was no response from the group of people, Shen Qi happily called a colleague next to her and asked him to convey His Highness the Crown Prince's order.

Ning Xiuyun looked sideways and realized that Shen San was not waiting nearby. He raised his eyebrows: "Is he hiding?"

Shen Qi replied in a low voice: "The commander guessed that Mr. Jian might have an impression of him, so he hid behind the car."

Ning Xiuyun nodded and did not blame Shen San for leaving his post without permission.

Shen Qi's back straightened immediately, she felt relaxed and proud. It seems that they finally did something that pleased His Highness the Crown Prince.

At this moment, the guard beside the car loudly announced the news that Jian Xun had been selected, and the crowd in the back suddenly became agitated.

Jian Xun in the crowd suddenly raised his head and saw everyone's eyes cast towards him covertly.

Jian Xun originally had no expectations for this self-recommendation. He was lowering his head and thinking in his mind where Xiuyun's car had gone, how far it was from Xiangcheng, and when the little peacock would return home. He didn't know if he would dare to go there. Come back before southern Xinjiang.

His position was relatively back, and as soon as the prince's words came out, he had excellent hearing. Even from such a long distance, he heard the words of the prince's selection word for word.

At first, he thought he didn't know which rich man was chosen, but when he heard the guards naming him, Jian Xun realized that it was him.

Jian Xun saluted again and approached the prince's car on a road where the crowd consciously separated.

As he walked, he suppressed the doubts in his mind. With such a long distance, how could the prince choose him at once?

No wonder his uncle and Mr. Fu were very confident before he came. Could it be that they had tampered with something...

Jian Xunwu was puzzled in his heart. Others had the same doubts in their hearts. How could the prince name a person from the Jingxuan Hou Mansion?

Seeing that the prince was silent after saying this, other aristocratic families who had recommended young disciples couldn't help it.

The aristocratic families who came here are headed by the Jiang family. The current person of the Jiang family is the head of the family, Jiang Xingsong. The title is the last generation like the Marquis Jingxuan. However, the Jiang family has many children and the largest industry in the entire Jiang City, so this title belongs to the Jiang family. It looks more glamorous.

It is different from a down-and-out family like Jingxuanhou Mansion, where the heirs have withered and the ancestral property has been exhausted.

The head of the Jiang family, Jiang Xingsong, took a step forward, saluted and said respectfully: "Your Highness, those who are here today are all outstanding figures of the younger generation in Jiangcheng. I hope your Highness can give you some advice." 

Jiang Xingsong was nearly fifty years old, older than the county governor Fu Rushen's half the height, but looks much younger than Fu Rushen.

However, people who sit back and relax without having to work hard will naturally age slower.