Chapter 61

A quarter of an hour later, in the temporary study room of the Prince's Mansion, Pei Yan stood in front of the table and wrote a summons on a blank bright yellow scroll. He polished it himself according to the draft on the rice paper given by the Prince, with almost no words. He hesitated and put pen to paper.

Ning Xiuyun sat on a chair and flipped through the book, which was "The Law of the Great Qi" that Shen Sangang had found. After being found by Jiang Xingsong, he felt deeply that his knowledge in this area was lacking, so he simply regarded this thing as a leisure book.

Pei Yan sighed while writing: "When I was ill half a month ago, I never thought that I would one day work for His Highness again."

He kept working, but his eyes were vaguely looking at the writing on the rice paper.

Just now I was only looking at the content on the rice paper, but now I look at the wild cursive writing on the paper and feel that everything is strange.

He has been the prince's companion since he was a child, and his relationship with the prince Ning Yuan is much closer than that between ordinary monarchs and ministers. Even though the friendship between Emperor Jiaxing and Prime Minister Pei was only a half-way monk, Pei Yan has always been by the prince's side.

Of course he knew what the prince's handwriting looked like, which was very different from the wild cursive handwriting. The prince also knew that he could see the clues, but he didn't bother to explain to him a word.

This was the first time that Pei Yan felt that he was short-sighted and that the prince was still hiding such a side.

He has always been arrogant, and he once secretly rejoiced because he saw through the secret behind Liang Fei's death. However, the person he had been asked to be loyal to for the rest of his life since he was a child was so stupid that he couldn't even understand the hints sent by Emperor Jiaxing, and even became seriously ill from fear after watching the execution.

Pei Yan was very disappointed at that time. All the resources he received from the Pei family had to be at the expense of being loyal to the prince and taking over the position of prime minister. But even if he had to be someone else's lackey, he still hoped to choose one that satisfied him.

The prince had never received his approval before, never. He could show his loyalty to the prince in a hypocritical manner, but he could not deceive himself.

That's different now.

The prince actually hid this side under his nose, and even saw through his mind many times and plotted against him. How could this not make Pei Yan's heart swell, as if he was walking on a dead end but suddenly there was a sudden change in the future.

What a surprise.

Pei Yan glanced at the prince cryptically.

Ning Xiuyun was fascinated by the law. After hearing his words, he said "Huh" and smiled absently: "Really? I always thought that there would be such a day."

Pei Yan held the pen in his hand. Suddenly, he realized that the prince's three attempts to make things difficult for him were intentional. This person had figured out that he would be curious about the prince who showed a completely different side to him, and he led him by the nose several times, leading to where he was today.

What makes Pei Yan a little depressed is that the prince is almost as smart as a demon. In terms of scheming, the prince may be slightly better than him.

But it doesn't matter, the prince is not an all-rounder who is good at everything, at least he is inferior to him in writing articles and poems.

Pei Yan felt sad, and finally didn't feel that he was useless next to the prince.