Chapter 57

Jian Xun had just settled the injured when Doctor Zhang forcibly held him down.

The old doctor had a serious look on his face, completely ignoring how much the prince valued this person named Jian, and just asked Jian Xunyou to be more careful from the perspective of a doctor.

Skin injuries are indeed easy to recover from, but Jian Xun's status as a bodyguard is there. If he continues to show off and go on errands, he will probably have to trouble his old bones.

Jian Xun all agreed, turned around and started walking in the yard, ready to use a knife or a gun.

After lying on the bed for so long, he felt like he was going moldy.

He held the sword in his hand, unsheathed the sword, and raised his hand to swing it when he heard a violent cough coming from behind him.

Doctor Zhang's cloudy old eyes were like hawks at this moment. He stood in front of the window and scolded him: "His Royal Highness the Crown Prince has ordered you to get well soon. Master Jian, please don't cause trouble for me." 

Jian Xun's hands froze, and he couldn't help it. He put the knife back calmly.

"I know."

He responded and sat down at the stone table in the courtyard, holding the knife and wondering what he was thinking.

Fu Jinghe couldn't see the boy's injury, and the window behind him was closed by Doctor Zhang. Jian Xun breathed a sigh of relief.

He tapped the scabbard lightly and felt that the wounds on his body were almost healed.

Jian Xun has always been rough-skinned and thick-skinned. From the beginning of his martial arts training to the present, he has suffered numerous injuries, large and small, and they will usually heal in two or three days, so he doesn't take these injuries too seriously.

But when he thought that Shen San said that the prince personally bandaged his wounds and continued to look after him, Jian Xun's movements became stiff.

He was sitting on a stone bench to rest, and suddenly there was the sound of flapping wings above his head. When he looked up, he saw a blue-feathered pigeon flapping its wings and swooping towards him.

The pointed beak seemed to be aimed at his face.

Jian Xun raised his hand in confusion, and the little peacock reflexively landed on his arm.

However, after falling, he realized what he had done. He climbed up to Jian Xun's shoulder with persistence and pecked the end of Jian Xun's hanging hair several times.

Jian Xun: "?"

Why does this little guy look like he has a deep grudge against him?

But Jian Xun no longer had the time to think about such trivial matters. He was even more anxious to see Xiu Yun's reply to him.

He raised his hand to guide the pigeon down, and took out the letter from the mailbox next to his paw. When he did this, Jian Xun realized that the mailbox seemed to have been replaced and was more than twice the size of the previous one.

This letter was different from the previous short piece of silk paper. The fine rice paper was folded entirely and rolled into a cylinder. It was difficult for Jian Xun to take it out.

His breathing quickened slightly and he hurriedly opened the rice paper, Xiu Yun's familiar handwriting opened before his eyes.

"Zhan Xinjia."

"The moonlight is very beautiful today, the ink is stained with silver clouds, and the writing is warm."

Jian Xun's face gradually softened as he browsed the content of the letter. Xiu Yun rambled on in the letter about his trip to Chengdu. He said that he wanted to stay longer, what snacks he had eaten today, what scenery he saw, and what rumors he heard. The person didn't seem to think carefully when writing, and just wrote casually.