Chapter 29

The inner room became quiet. Jian Xun stood guard at the door of the inner room and heard the prince's gradually longer breathing.

Jian Xun crossed his arms across his chest and stared at the candles in the inner room. He didn't know whether to blow them out. He was not familiar with the prince's sleeping habits. It would be a serious sin if he woke up with this action.

He could only wait for Shen Qi to come back.

Shen Qi's legs and feet were also very nimble. A quarter of an hour later, the two of them looked at each other outside the prince's bedroom.

Jian Xun asked: "Where should I go on duty tonight?"

Shen Qi closed the door of the prince's room with a soft hand, and was confused for a moment when she heard this question.

The people in the guard camp now implement a rotation system. Jian Xun's name is not yet on the list. Shen Qi did not have time to ask His Highness the Crown Prince about Jian Xun's specific arrangements. Even Shen San, who can always make decisions, is not here.

Shen Qi is not very good at arranging affairs. She only follows orders.

Tonight, His Royal Highness went to bed earlier than before. I don't know if it was because the bed in this temporary Prince's Mansion was much more comfortable than in Zuifeng Tower, or for some other reason.

Thinking like this, Shen Qi glanced at Jian Xun, and then said with some hesitation: "You will go back to rest today, but since you are not required to be on duty at night, I will try to get up as early as possible tomorrow morning. Do you understand? ?"

- It would be best if His Highness the Crown Prince wakes up early in the morning and can see Jian Xun by his side.

It seems that this is the only way to go. Shen Qi can't think of a better way. Jian Xun seems to be aware of her dilemma and responds: "I understand." The two parted at the door, and Jian Xun walked over. 

At the entrance of the main courtyard, I turned around and looked far away. Shen Qi was standing in front of the door. The lights in the room were slightly dim.

He didn't know what was going on, but when he was guarding the inner room just now, he always felt that someone was looking at him. The gaze was not eager and came and went, making it difficult for him to determine where he was coming from.

Jian Xun frowned.

Is it his imagination?

It was an uneventful night, and the guard battalion successfully completed its mission tonight. Several groups of people had just changed shifts in the dim light of morning, and they happened to meet Jian Xun during the handover.

Jian Xun changed his clothes, which were still black, but the style was slightly different from last night. Because except for the people who took turns guarding, no one else in the Prince's Mansion could wait to wear a sword, so Jian Xun did not hold the iconic sword. dagger.

He stood at the door of the prince's bedroom with his hands folded, looking straight ahead. A group of guards hanging on the roof and walking along the walls caught sight of him at a glance.

A few feet away, Jian Xun hadn't noticed them yet, and suddenly there was a burst of discussion.

"Is this Mr. Jian? It's been so long, and since I've never been to His Highness Gozengawa, this is the first time I've seen him." 

"What's so strange about this? We'll see you every day in the future, but now you think I'm bored."

"This man doesn't seem to have anything amazing about his appearance. He has two eyes and one nose, so why did His Highness fall in love with him?"