Chapter 10

Time goes back half a day.

Compared with Jian Xun's sleepless night, Xiu Yun slept until noon.

After lunch, Shen San carried Xiu Yun's Southern Tour records into the house. There was a whole box of books. When he opened the box, he could still vaguely smell some fresh ink.

Sure enough, it was something that had just been copied.

Shen San took the records out of the box and laid them out in chronological order on the table.

Xiuyun took a quick glance and found that the records started in April of the second year of Xinlong and ended in January of the third year of Xinlong.

Emperor Jiaxing ascended the throne in the first year of Xinlong, and the following year he personally visited the south, from Kyoto to Jiangcheng, along the southern border of Daqi, and returned to the capital in November of the second year of Xinlong.

Because Emperor Jiaxing observed the people's sentiments during his tour to the south and saw a lot of people's sufferings, he issued many relevant decrees after returning to the capital, and the records were written to January of the third year of Xinlong when the decrees were implemented.

But that was already a rare policy that benefited the people in the 21 years since Emperor Jiaxing ascended the throne. Since then, there have been very few similar decrees. Emperor Jiaxing cannot be said to have made any achievements in his role as king, but can only say he has done nothing.

Emperor Jiaxing was very conservative in employing people. The court was full of elders, and the newcomers were all old-fashioned and had little progress in policy.

But conservatism also means stability. At least during the reign of Xinlong, although there were minor disasters in Daqi, there were no major ones. The people did not fully support Emperor Jiaxing, nor did they call him a faint king.

However, if we follow the story line in the original book, sending Prince Ningyuan on a southern tour was the first foolish thing Emperor Jiaxing had done in his decades of service.

Many of the prince's actions on the southern tour aroused complaints from the people. Rumors spread along the way that one person could drown the Jiaxing Emperor on the dragon throne with just a drop of spit.

But strangely, until the prince was assassinated in the book, the Jiaxing Emperor did not punish the prince for his southern tour.

Even after the death of the prince, Emperor Jiaxing was so angry that he became seriously ill. During his illness, he ordered people to conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of the prince's death. After the thorough investigation failed, Ling Chi executed everyone related to it.

When the emperor was angry, he laid down millions of corpses and bled for thousands of miles.

Everyone in the southern patrol team had their homes ransacked, exiled, and executed nine tribesmen, and they all died, just to comfort the spirit of the late prince in heaven.

Emperor Jiaxing's attitude towards his son is really ambiguous. It's hard to say whether he likes him or not. He knows that there are spies in the guard camp but ignores him. He knows that the prince has no great talents but wants the prince to patrol the south on his behalf. However, the prince is so incompetent. Under such circumstances, he turned a deaf ear to the storm of deposing the prince in the court.

When something goes wrong, there must be a monster.

Xiu Yun looked at the row of books in front of him with interest in his eyes.

Xiu Yun always remembered that he had traveled into a book, but the time was much earlier than the main story of the original book, and there were very few words related to the original owner in the book.