Extra 1

the twentieth day of the twelfth lunar month, in Rongcheng.

There was singing and dancing in the governor's mansion. At the banquet, a general in military uniform sat at the top of the table, reaching out and handing a peeled chestnut to the person beside him.

The general was obviously not good at his craftsmanship. His hands were better suited for wielding swords and spears. It was inevitable that he would be a little bit wrong when doing such delicate kung fu. At this time, the golden chestnuts were peeled with pits and pits, which looked very miserable.

The general's expression was slightly annoyed, but he still looked at the person beside him expectantly.

This banquet of large fish and meat was only in the magisterial style and luxury of the county magistrate's palace. It was too meaty and fishy, ​​which was not acceptable to the people around him. The chestnuts seemed barely enough to be used as snacks.

The table meant for one person was used as a table for two people to sit at the same table. The person next to him was wearing a brocade fox fur coat and a bamboo hat. A circle of gauze on the curtain fell down, covering his face. He stretched out his hand to take the chestnut, and the cuffs were slightly Dropped half an inch, from the slender fingers to the lonely wrist, they looked like white jade, which did not match the chestnut that was full of fireworks.

"It's too sweet." The young man in the curtain hat commented lightly: "The quality is better than what I have eaten before." There is nothing

in the Rongcheng County Sheriff's Mansion that is not exquisite, let alone entertaining the General Ranger, so it is natural to use it. On to the best.

At this time, the governor of Rongcheng County was sitting on the main seat tremblingly, glancing down from time to time, observing the two people feasting and drinking together, for fear that if he did not take good care of him, the general whose evil reputation spread throughout Daqi would be He could kill him immediately with his sword.

In the second year of Xuanhe, Emperor Xuanhe suddenly fell seriously ill. After recovering from the illness, he was left with frailty. From then on, Prince Ning Xuan was asked to supervise the country from time to time, with the right prime minister Pei Yan assisting him. Emperor Xuanhe was responsible for all officials. The control is getting weaker and weaker.

Emperor Xuanhe then issued an edict to establish a ranger army. Jian Xun, the general of Jiangcheng's cavalry, was made the chief general and promoted to a first-class ranger general. Shen Qi, the deputy commander of the guard camp, was made deputy general. He had the responsibility of supervising all officials, so he was given the title of commander by his superiors. With this order, he can leapfrog his rank and directly kill any Daqi court official, which can be called a butcher's knife patrolling Daqi today.

The word "Ranger" means touring the territory of Daqi and cavalry. Eighty percent of the soldiers in the Ranger Army are cavalry. They have strong soldiers and strong horses. They are a thoroughly elite division.

Because of the support of Emperor Xuanhe, this ranger army continued to grow and develop in Daqi in just three years. It successively moved from Jiangcheng where the general Jian Xun was located to the southwest area guarded by the Southern Xinjiang Army became widespread.

There are rumors among the people that the route of this first expedition was probably chosen by Emperor Xuanhe to show his closeness to his brother, General Zhenyuan, in order to deter pedantic people who opposed the establishment of the Ranger Army.

In the face of absolute force, no matter how loud the opposition is, it will only be a voice without any follow-up.

What's more, when Emperor Xuanhe established the Ranger Army, he clearly regarded this army as his own private army and as an eye to keep an eye on the movements of the officials. Therefore, the Ranger Army's main food and salary distribution did not go from the Daqi treasury, but from the Daqi treasury. Emperor Xuanhe's private treasury.