Chapter 35

Ning Xiuyun specifically asked Shen Wu to take the little peacock away from Jiangcheng and walk a certain distance towards Xiangcheng, and then let him fly the little peacock.

He was always cautious when dealing with Jian Xun. It was not good for the little peacock to come back too early or too late. The time had to be calculated correctly, and even the flight path and direction were calculated by Ning Xiuyun.

Shen Wu was quite clever, so he simply found a village to live outside the city and used it as a way station for traveling.

He originally wanted to stay with His Highness the Crown Prince, but everyone could see how much the Crown Prince valued the pigeons and the person who sent them, so he was not in a hurry to go back.

Unfortunately, Ning Xiuyun couldn't wait for Jian Xun's reply for a while.

But even though there was no reply, wouldn't it be better to see the real person.

So Jian Xun took a day off, and was summoned back by the prince the next day. He didn't even have time to weed the weeds in Jian's garden.

As soon as Jian Xun entered the temporary prince's palace, he wanted to take off the long knife on his waist and hand it over. This was the rule of the temporary prince's palace. No one other than the prince's personal bodyguard was allowed to carry weapons.

However, it was different today. The guard guarding the door pushed the long knife back and said with a smile: "Brother Jian, there is no need to remove the knife. His Highness the Crown Prince has given instructions. He will be waiting for you inside." 

Jian Xun did not shirk. I have been practicing martial arts for many years, but I still feel uncomfortable without carrying my own sword. I had no choice before, but now that I have the opportunity, I will naturally not let it go.

"Thank you." He put the knife back on his waist and walked into the prince's mansion.

After walking for a while, Jian Xun finally discovered something was wrong.

In this temporary prince's palace, the number of guards seemed to have decreased significantly overnight.

Although there were still the same number of people guarding the door as before, there were almost no traces of those who occasionally patrolled and practiced martial arts inside.

Jian Xun frowned and was about to go to the main hall, but when he passed by the garden, he saw the prince sitting at the stone table waving to him. There were only two guards not far behind him. Shen Qi, who usually waited on the prince, was not there.

Ning Xiuyun was playing with the chessboard on the stone table.

There are many talents in the guard camp, but most of their talents and thoughts are only focused on martial arts training. Ning Xiuyun picked them up one by one last night and couldn't find anyone who could compete with him.

There were quite a few civil servants in the southern patrol team, and they were all familiar with each of the six arts of gentleman. Unfortunately, Ning Xiuyun didn't want to find these people who had such twists and turns in their minds.

At the same time, he was exposed to all kinds of temptations, which inevitably made him work hard. He played chess just to relax and relieve his boredom, so there was no reason to cause trouble for himself.

Guan Maozhi is fine, but unfortunately he has assigned a task to the other party, and Xu is too busy at the moment.

The timing of Jian Xun's arrival was just right, so that Ning Xiuyun would not have to play chess with him again, which would be boring.