Chapter 60

"Your Highness, what do you mean by this?" Jian Xun said in a difficult voice, but his hands that were very stable in pulling the three-stone bow were trembling slightly at this moment.

Ning Xiuyun explained: "It's a long story. I went to see Marquis Jingxuan today. I found out a lot by chance, so I wrote this edict."

Ning Xiuyun felt so high-sounding. It was somewhat untenable. He couldn't explain it to Jian Xun in detail, so he simply skipped the topic.

"Marquis Jingxuan said that you came to work for me because you have something to ask for. You have contributed to Xishan's affairs. If you have something to ask for, you can tell me." Ning Xiuyun tapped the table twice with his hand.

Jian Xun realized that the prince did not want to elaborate on the specific reasons for this sinful edict, so he simply folded the rice paper and put it away, demonstrating personally that he had accepted the kindness.

But given this kindness, Jian Xun found it difficult to speak.

He knew that even if he had a chance to succeed, he might not be able to clear his father's name in this life.

The prince had already settled one of his worries. Xishan's small achievements could not even be compared with it. How could Jian Xun dare to say anything else.

Ning Xiuyun knew what he was thinking as soon as he saw his expression.

He pretended to be angry, stretched out his hand to slap the table, and scolded with a smile: "You can just say it, why are you hesitant?"

Jian Xun folded the rice paper and put it away, and said carefully: "I have a beloved who was born in Zuifenglou, and later because of I saved Governor Guan and was protected by that Lord. I hope Your Highness will be merciful and let Lord Guan..."

Jian Xun didn't know what to say. Should he say that Guan Maoshi should let Xiu Yun go? But Guan Maoshi saved Xiu Yun by taking him away. Jian Xun was not indifferent to right from wrong, but he did hope that Guan Maoshi would let Xiu Yun leave.

He gave Xiuyun the property. As long as Guan Maoshi stopped thinking about Xiuyun, Xiuyun could return to Jiangcheng and marry him openly when he became famous in the future.

"My lord, my subordinates will never forget your kindness in helping me."

This is indeed the case.

Ning Xiuyun felt like the dust had settled in his heart. For a moment, he didn't even want to look at Jian Xun. He didn't know that the tips of his ears were already red. He only felt that although the door was open in the main hall, it was extremely stuffy and extremely hot. Out of breath.

"Guan Mao is really easy to talk to. If Gu Ruo asks, he won't refuse. Gu will help you with this matter." 

Jian Xun was stunned and thought that the prince was also a very talkative person. Jian Xun looked back at half of the time he spent with the prince. Yue, except for the dispute with Pei Yan, rarely saw the prince angry.

Every time he asked for something, the prince would agree to it. Wasn't the prince being a little too kind to him?

As soon as this thought came to mind, Jian Xun recalled many episodes. He interceded for Fu Jing, and the prince agreed; he was offended by Fu Rushen, but the prince was not dissatisfied; he was in danger in Xishan, and the prince personally took care of him. People came to the rescue.

Thinking of this, Jian Xun suddenly felt that the part of his wrist that the prince had grasped that day was getting hot for no reason.

The chaotic thoughts finally stopped at the lower half of his face that was similar to Xiu Yun's that he had dimly seen when he was seriously injured.