Chapter 16

Jian Xun learned that Xiu Yun was going out yesterday, so he came here early today. Following Xiu Yun, watching the white figure shuttle among the crowd, he always had a feeling that the other person would disappear from his eyes at any time. feeling of uneasiness.

He kept looking at Xiu Yun, seeing him walking around the market, seemingly interested in everything, but his eyes rarely stayed in one place.

Jian Xun couldn't tell what Xiu Yun liked. Everything Xiu Yun took a second look at was all good. He couldn't help it and bought all the gadgets. Unknowingly, his hands could no longer hold them.

He turned into a cloth shop and bought half a piece of white silk. Then he packed the things and sent them to Xiuyun's window, along with his still unclear thoughts.

When he discovered that Xiu Yun had no intention of disliking him, his anxious heart finally let go.

Jian Xun has been really busy lately, and he has squeezed out the time to visit Xiu Yun several times.

This is also thanks to Mr. Jian's strong body. He is spinning like a spinning top without showing any signs of fatigue.

Jian Xun only stayed on the roof of the private room for a short time today. He had a mission when he went to the city this time and filed a small part of the account books of the garrison camp in the county governor's house.

The Jiangcheng garrison began to distribute the last quarter's rations. Because there were official account books accumulated for three months, even the six or seven barracks master books combined would be difficult to sort out in a short time.

Jian Xun put away the wooden hairpin that had already taken shape, ran to the county governor's house to deliver the account books, and then rode back to the garrison camp.

The atmosphere in the garrison camp was much livelier than before. Probably because they were about to receive their food and salary, the sound of military training in the martial arts field was much louder than usual.

When Jian Xun returned to his residence, Fu Jing was sitting at the stone table in the yard, thinking out of boredom.

Fu Jing had two thin account books in front of him. He was doing calculations based on the records on them, but he knew without looking carefully that there was absolutely nothing wrong with these two account books.

Seeing Jian Xun come back, Fu Jing greeted him absentmindedly: "It's slower than I thought. Did you run into any trouble?"

Jian Xun paused slightly, shook his guilty conscience, shook his head and said, "No. How are the account books? Are there any problems?"

Fu Jing said, "The things we have been given are becoming more and more perfunctory. I expected this group of people to make mistakes while busy, but I didn't expect them to be accurate? They are all veterans. Obviously this is not the first time they have done the fake account books." 

Jian Xun and Fu Jing are both "connected households" in the garrison camp. Only by receiving the care of Mr. Fu, the governor of Jiangcheng County, can you get the position of military camp chief.

Fu Jing himself has no intention of holding an official position, and Jian Xun is obsessed with punishing evil and promoting good, and has no obsession with becoming an official. The two of them agreed to join the Jiangcheng garrison camp under Master Fu's secret arrangement in order to investigate the account books that record food and salary.

A few years ago, Lord Fu, the governor of Jiangcheng County, discovered something unusual about the account books reported by the garrison camp. Although it looked watertight on the surface, the amount of money actually distributed did not match up at all.