Chapter 55

Jian Xun's thoughts were still in confusion.

He remembered that he was fighting the enemy in the woods. If he had been alone against the slightly stronger guards, it would have been a piece of cake to break through the encirclement. However, in order to protect Fu Jing, he had to retreat many times, avoiding the dangers. Then he escaped from injury.

He tried his best to avoid the vital points, but in the end he was helpless and exhausted. Jian Xun was ready to die in the forest. There were twists and turns, but he didn't expect to be rescued.

Is it him?

Is it...Xiu Yun?

Jian Xun recalled the last loud shout, when someone pressed his chin to wake him up from the nightmare-like killing barrier.

The man was wearing a white riding suit, with an iron mask that hid his true appearance, but the outline of the lower half of his face looked very much like Xiu Yun.

Jian Xun was not very clear-headed, and the high fever caused by the wound briefly destroyed his sanity. After practicing martial arts, he had never suffered such a serious injury.

There was a roar in his ears, as if he was drowning in water and rushing silently. His heart was empty and he could only grasp the life-saving straw in front of him.

There was an arm in front of him, and the cuffs were still stained with blood.

He made him dirty.

Jian Xun subconsciously let go of his hand, and the figure in his field of vision gradually overlapped with Xiu Yun.

Real? Fake? He gradually couldn't tell the difference.

The man whispered in his ear: "Does it still hurt?"

"It's okay." He replied hoarsely.

A cold, wet handkerchief was placed on his forehead. His eyes gradually became clearer, and he immediately realized that he was in the camp. A young man in riding clothes had his hair in a familiar bun. Even though he was sitting on the low stool next to him, he could not help but notice. Just as calm and precious.

--not him. He never liked to tie his hair or wear restrictive clothes.

Jian Xun suddenly retracted his hand, as if he had just touched a hot potato.

"My subordinate took offense."

Ning Xiuyun felt a little regretful. It seemed that he was not too stupid to take advantage of this opportunity to get close to him.

Ning Xiuyun snorted: "If you know you have offended, just recover quickly."

He reached out and touched Jian Xun's cheek. The other person dodged slightly. Unfortunately, the short couch was too narrow and he couldn't hide far away. His hand was already touching the skin.

The cold touch was almost the same as the temperature of the handkerchief on his forehead, but it aroused a shiver from the place where they were touched.

Ning Xiuyun felt the temperature on his fingertips, which seemed to have receded slightly.

Jian Xun's heart was beating fast. The more he looked at the prince's profile, the more he felt that it was similar to Xiu Yun.

He didn't think his eyes were so bad that anyone would mistake him for his beloved.

His Highness the Crown Prince... was this what he looked like a few days ago?

The accelerated heartbeat makes the blood circulate quickly, and the eyes become clearer and clearer.

Ning Xiuyun keenly noticed that Jian Xun's eyes fell on his face, with some strange inquiry.