Chapter 41

Jian Xun leaned over and reached out to pick up the floating coins.

The copper coins are somewhat worn. They have been washed by the water for so long, and the blood that seeped into the cracks has not yet dissipated.

This copper coin was obviously tied to a red string and worn around the waist. For some unknown reason, the red string broke and the original owner was nowhere to be found.

The two of them only stood by the river for a moment, and the smell of blood in the wind gradually disappeared.

This is not a bloody smell caused by hunting, the source is obviously human.

"Where is the upstream?" Ning Xiuyun held the rabbit in his arms and looked upstream of the river. Wherever he could see, smoke and dust seemed to be rising vaguely.

Jian Xun came to his senses and replied: "Hexi Village."

Hexi Village?

Ning Xiuyun frowned slightly.

He always had a good memory. That day when he went out for a stroll, he ran into the owner of a game stall. When he separated from the Meng family member, the other party specifically told him not to take the Hexi Village road when leaving the city.

Sure enough, something happened.

Jian Xun put down his bow and arrow, clasped his fists and saluted, "I beg you, I want to go to Hexi Village to investigate the situation."

Ning Xiuyun groaned and said, "I will go with you alone."

Jian Xun felt that something was wrong: "Your Highness, Hexi The situation in the village is unknown, so I will send you back first."

The two of them were already some distance away from the hunting camp, with several guards standing far behind, and only their shadows could be seen vaguely.

Jian Xun is quick on his feet and very vigilant, so he is indeed suitable for secret investigations, but bringing someone else with him would be a burden.

Ning Xiuyun sighed, regretting that he rejected Shen Qixuan's riding outfit today. He rarely wanted to be lazy, but he had to miss the opportunity to go with Jian Xun.

He was not a ungrateful person. He only nodded in agreement, but had no intention of returning to the camp. He ordered Jian Xun to call Shen Qi and others, and he stayed by the river to wait for him.

"Go back quickly." Ning Xiuyun warned.

He stood by the river, holding the rabbit that Jian Xun had caught for him in his arms, feeling quite eager to see through it.

Jian Xun felt a little uncomfortable under the prince's gaze. He subconsciously clenched the bow and arrow in his hand and said in an incomprehensible tone: "...I obey my orders." 

He thought for a while, but he felt a little guilty when he refused the prince's request to accompany him, so he handed the bow and arrow to Shen Qi beside him, but turned to the prince and said, "Your Highness, just help your subordinates guard the bow and arrow."

Ning Xiuyun chuckled.

Are you treating him like a child?

Ning Xiuyun slowed down his tone and said jokingly: "I know it. When I came back late, I gave bows and arrows to others as rewards."

Jian Xun originally wanted to take off some burdens and travel lightly, but as soon as he said these words, he felt that he was slightly offend.

"My subordinate understands!" Jian Xun spoke very quickly, speaking the four words in a lump.