Chapter 68

"Daddy, save me, I'm afraid." The boy grabbed Ning Xiuyun's sleeve and made no further movements, as if he could draw strength from that small piece of fabric.

This was a very restrained and polite gesture. Perhaps this was the way he interacted with his unknown biological father, with respect and admiration but not warmth.

So much so that in front of "Daddy", no matter how scared he is, he still holds it.

This child is a little thin, and even the baby fat on his cheeks is not obvious. His chin is pointed, and he seems to be malnourished. However, the clothes he is wearing are very fine in fabric and workmanship, and he does not look like a child from a poor family.

Ning Xiuyun was called "Daddy" twice, and he was stunned for a moment. But when he looked up and saw Jian Xun's hesitant expression, he came to his senses and knew that this person was thinking wrongly.

The original person had never left the capital before his southern tour. Not only was there no crown princess in the East Palace, there was not even a concubine. On the first day he came here, he asked the little eunuch next to the original person in a roundabout way, and he was sure that the original person was not related to anyone. People have had skin-to-skin contact, otherwise Ning Xiuyun might be so disgusted that he would vomit.

In Ning Xiuyun's past life and this life, Jian Xun was the only one.

To put it bluntly, even if he was not sure whether the child was related to the original person, he could not give up at this time. Any slightest hint of guilt would leave seeds of doubt in Jian Xun's heart.

Ning Xiuyun held the boy's shoulders and pushed them out gently. His tone was so gentle that he said, "Look carefully, am I your father?"

As soon as he finished speaking, the eyes of the boy and Jian Xun fell on Ning Xiuyun's face.

The boy blinked with tears in his eyes, as if he was carefully studying Ning Xiuyun's appearance. After a while, he opened his mouth in surprise.

The young child had just escaped from danger, and the fear in his heart had not completely subsided. He pulled Ning Xiuyun's sleeve with one hand and said a little scared: "It seems... no. My uncle looks very similar to my father. "

It was such a similarity in appearance that made him recognize the wrong person when they met each other. It also made him panic in his heart. He didn't want to let go even though he knew this was a stranger. It seemed that he naturally had some secrets with this young man. closeness.

Ning Xiuyun breathed a sigh of relief. He was really a little afraid that the child would indiscriminately identify him as his father.

Ning Xiuyun took out a handkerchief, squatted down, held the boy in his arms with one hand, patted his head comfortingly, wiped the tears on his face, and asked in a low voice: "How old are you this year?"

The boy was comforted by Ning Xiuyun's gentle attitude, and the panic in his heart dissipated a lot. He found that this uncle had a faint scent of incense, which was not pungent and could calm people's mind.

The boy didn't know that it was the scent of Ning Xiuyun's soothing incense. He couldn't hold it back and leaned into Ning Xiuyun's arms again, pulling at his fingers and making a "four" sign while sobbing.

Ning Xiuyun nodded approvingly and asked, "Where is home? I'll take you back."

"It's in Nanjiang City. I remember the way." He made a sad face and failed to tell the details of his home after several attempts. Describe the location.

But a four-year-old child can be considered very smart if he can have such clear logic and response capabilities.

Observing that the child's mood was completely stable, Ning Xiuyun asked: "Do you know those two people? Why did they arrest you?"