Chapter 22

Ning Xiuyun's mood had just hit rock bottom when another polite knock came from the window.

He raised his eyebrows slightly, stood up from the table, walked to the window and opened the window lattice.

Jian Xun was extremely polite this time and did not force his way in. He stepped on a small section of bricks outside the window eaves and stood there, waiting for him at a distance.

Ning Xiuyun hugged him, leaned his head against Jian Xun's shoulder, and sighed softly: "Why did you come so late?"

Jian Xun was stunned for a moment, and found that Xiuyun seemed to be a little depressed, with a faint feeling. The feeling of powerlessness lingered on him, making Jian Xun's whole body tense up.

He tentatively reached out and stroked Xiu Yun's back. This was the only gesture he could think of to express comfort.

"Sorry, I'm late."

Although the two of them had not agreed on a time, Jian Xun also knew that at this time, he would naturally follow Xiu Yun's wishes and just apologize.

Jian Xun stepped on the edge of the wall, with a three-story suspended building behind him. Covered by several nearby houses, it was difficult for outsiders to detect him.

The two of them were like wild mandarin ducks secretly having an affair. They would choose the least noticeable time to meet. They would come and go quietly, and they could never walk hand in hand openly on the street.

Jian Xun thought about the conversation with her uncle the night before and couldn't help but clenched her hands.

One day he will let Xiu Yun fly out of the prison of Zuifeng Tower to see a freer world.

Tonight was the little surprise he had prepared for this.

Xiu Yun enjoyed his comfort and lazily leaned against him, but asked very keenly: "Are you worried?"

Jian Xun paused and did not hide anything, he asked: "I want... to take you to the outskirts of the city. Look, I have something important for you."

"Yes." Xiu Yun responded softly and didn't ask anything.

After Jian Xun let go of him, he hesitated a little. He said, "I'm in a hurry on the way back and forth. I need to ride my horse. If you can't bear it, just..." 

"I can."

Xiu Yun shook his head, indicating that he didn't need to worry.

"Okay." Jian Xun nodded in agreement, wrapped his arms around Xiu Yun's waist, and fished him out of the house with a little effort. He really looked like a flower-picking thief.

Jian Xun took the horse and tied it nearby. He carried Xiu Yun and flew downstairs, and the two of them rode out of the city under the cover of night.

Jiangcheng's defenders were as easy to bribe as ever. For the sake of Jian Xun's military record, the soldiers guarding the city gate mercifully took less money tonight.

The carriage was too slow, and I was afraid that it would be impossible to go back and forth in a short time. Jian Xun could only choose a method that was not friendly to a pampered person like Ning Xiuyun.

Jian Xun even added a soft cushion to the saddle, fearing that Xiu Yun would not be able to bear the bumps on the road.

Ning Xiuyun sat behind Jian Xun and put his hands around Jian Xun's waist, as if giving his whole body and soul to this person.

He didn't ask about the destination or the reason. Jian Xun said he would take him away, so he agreed.

Ning Xiuyun used to be quite talented in equestrian. He worked out all the year round before he became seriously ill. Although his figure is not toned, it is still a very healthy type. It is much better than this body that looks out of breath after every step.