Chapter 82

The atmosphere in the camp was a bit stagnant. Liang Fan was holding the imperial edict and was not reading it, nor was he not reading it.

He himself didn't think he was still alive, but he knew that the Crown Prince in front of him was definitely not an easy person to deal with.

The other party didn't even have the slightest respect for the person currently sitting on the dragon throne, let alone a nobody like him.

The sky is high and the emperor is far away, with an ancestor weighing on his head, Liang Fan can only turn a blind eye to save his own life.

Liang Fan unfolded the imperial edict tremblingly, cleared his throat, and read: "By God's blessing, the emperor decreed... For meritorious service in the Southern Expedition, he was specially named the second-grade hussar general of the Southern Xinjiang Army and was rewarded with a thousand taels of gold... I admire this.."

The reward given by Emperor Jiaxing to Jian Xun was not generous, but the official title of Cavalry General was a bit high, and the imperial edict specifically positioned this position in the Southern Xinjiang Army.

Emperor Jiaxing was hinting that the prince would use Jian Xun as a thorn in the Southern Xinjiang army so that he could subsequently take away the military power in Southern Xinjiang from Ning Chuqing.

But how could Ning Xiuyun be easily manipulated by Emperor Jiaxing? Rather than becoming an enemy of Ning Chuqing, Ning Xiuyun wanted to turn hostility into friendship for Ning Xuan's sake.

Moreover, the Southern Xinjiang Army is firmly controlled by Ning Chuqing, and if they want to seize power, there will be a bloody storm.

Emperor Jiaxing was not unaware of this, he just believed that human life was more important than losing imperial power.

Why was Emperor Jiaxing so afraid of Ning Chuqing when he had no intention of seizing power from other border generals?

Ning Xiuyun looked amused. The more Emperor Jiaxing wanted to arrange a path for him, the more he wanted to jump out of it and see what was hidden under the turbulent undercurrent.

Emperor Jiaxing probably couldn't figure out how two people who were supposed to be fighting against each other could live in harmony while sitting on the dragon throne.

Ning Xiuyun raised his chin towards Shen Qi beside him.

Shen Qi took the bright yellow imperial edict and placed it in front of the two of them. He said to Liang Fan with a fake smile: "Thank you for your visit, Eunuch Liang. Without further ado, it's time for you to return home and regain your life. What should you say and what shouldn't be said?" , I hope you know it well."

Liang Fan swallowed, naturally knowing the importance.

No one knows better than him who will sit on the throne in the future. The prince does have rampant capital.

Liang Fan was invited out of the camp by Shen Qi.

Ning Xiuyun swallowed the candied fruit in his mouth and stretched out his hand to unfold the imperial edict casually. The handwriting on it looked familiar and looked somewhat similar to Pei Yan's.

Presumably this thing should be the handiwork of Prime Minister Pei.

"Congratulations, you are now General Jian." Ning Xiuyun looked at Jian Xun with a smile.

Jian Xunyou noticed the change in Ning Xiuyun's mood. There seemed to be something else in his congratulations. He asked, "Your Highness, you don't like this reward?"

Ning Xiuyun spread his hands and said, "Today the superior wants you to compete with Ning Chuqing for military power, but I don't want to."

He glanced at Jian Xun, and suddenly changed his words: "Of course, if you also want military power in southern Xinjiang, it's not impossible to try."