Chapter 44

Silence spread in the room for a while. Ning Xiuyun took a few steps back and hummed softly: "She is quite good at observing people's emotions."

Much better than some people.

Ning Xiuyun secretly glanced at Jian Xun. The man was unmoved by Cai Cai's close contact, and seemed not to even notice him opening his arms to hug him.

Pity.

The slightly awkward and charming atmosphere was broken by this sentence.

Jian Xun subconsciously reached out and touched his chest. The moment of silence just now made his heart throb inexplicably.

But almost as soon as the other party stepped away, he disappeared, as if all those things were his illusions.

But now Jian Xun could see that Yuan Niang had obviously misunderstood the relationship between the two, so she hurriedly left the room.

Jian Xun shook off a little embarrassment in his heart, walked to the door of the room, looked out through the gap in the wooden door, and saw Yuan Niang holding the quilt, pacing repeatedly in the yard with a fearful expression.

She saw the scene in the house and knew that the two gentlemen were probably a couple. How could she succeed in seducing him under such circumstances? It is said that people with the habit of cutting off sleeves looked at women as if they were stones.

Especially the two people in the room. Although she couldn't see their expressions clearly, she could feel the harmonious atmosphere between them, which was beyond the reach of outsiders.

It was clear that she no longer needed to be forced to sacrifice herself, but she seemed to be even more panicked.

He also frequently looked outside the courtyard, as if something terrible was about to happen soon.

Jian Xun figured out something from the other party's expression: "She might also suffer if the plan fails."

Ning Xiuyun responded and walked over.

He crossed his arms across his chest, like a master inspecting his students, and asked, "Besides this, what else did you find?"

Jian Xun recalled for a moment and said: "These people don't look like farmers who make a living by farming. There are clearly canals in the village, and it's not far from the river, but the crops are still suffering from drought. The men at the entrance of the village are holding farm tools. Although it is covered with dust, it has not been used much; judging from the condition of the courtyards and houses in the village, it does not look like it has been inhabited for a long time." 

After Jian Xun finished explaining the doubts he had observed, he turned to look at the prince again. The other party's admiring eyes fell on him.

"Yes, but there is no way to be sure whether it is related to the banditry in Xishan. After all, it is possible that they will simply attack passers-by." Ning Xiuyun said softly.

It seemed that Jian Xun, like him, noticed something unusual as soon as he entered Lijia Village.

Then Li Fu told him that Lijia Village was in a remote location and the villagers relied on self-sufficiency for their livelihood. In this case, how could they ignore the rice in the fields so much? Seeing that the crops were not growing well, he was not worried at all and even saw two outsiders. Come up and say hello cheerfully.

Carrying those farm tools on the back is just for show. After the farm tools are dug deep into the ground, they will inevitably stick to the soil and be brought out, especially since there is a swamp near Lijia Village. The soil here should be more viscous. Then The farm tools seemed to have been left there for a long time, and the little soil on them had dried completely.