Chapter 38

During the day, the door of Jingxuanhou Mansion was always closed and no disturbance was allowed. However, today for the first time, the concierge opened the door to a guest.

Fu Rushen hurriedly approached the Marquis Jingxuan's Mansion, feeling extremely shaken. After hearing the news of Han Lin's death half a quarter of an hour ago, he could no longer sit quietly in the magistrate's mansion and approve official documents.

Marquis Jingxuan was suffering from a strange poison and had been plagued by illness for more than ten years. Fu Rushen did not want him to work too hard unless it was absolutely necessary.

But today is different.

Jiangcheng guard Han Lin died.

Han Lin actually died.

Fu Rushen was so anxious that he almost bald his goatee.

He entered the main courtyard under the guidance of his attendants, but saw that the door of Marquis Jingxuan's room was closed. It was obvious that he was not awake yet.

No way, I can only wait.

Now he is asked to go back and approve official documents, but he is not in the mood.

Fu Rushen walked up and down the courtyard with his hands behind his back, sighing and puzzled.

Han Lin can be the defender of a city, so he naturally has some abilities. He has some success in martial arts, and he is also quite good at mobilizing troops and generals.

Although Han Lin has not fought on the battlefield for seven or eight years, at least his martial arts skills are still there, and even if he is unfamiliar, he should not be underestimated.

Who could sneak into Han Lin's home late at night and kill him silently?

Several figures flashed through Fu Rushen's mind.

Han Lin holds the military power in Jiangcheng and is backed by the Jiang family. He is indeed powerful, but the Jiang family is not the only one in Jiangcheng.

Han Lin's two lieutenants rely on other aristocratic families in Jiangcheng. It is not impossible for these people to replace them.

After all, the prince is now in Jiangcheng. As long as he can show his face in front of the prince, and his highness goes to the capital to write a transfer letter, the position of city guard will be within his reach.

The more Fu Rushen thought about it, the more he realized this was true, but he also discovered another tricky thing.

He thinks this way because he is convinced that he is incapable of doing it and indeed did not do it.

But would the Jiang family think so? After all, in addition to the two lieutenants, his student Jian Xun was favored by the prince and was also a strong contender for the position of guard general.

Furthermore, Jiang Chenghe is still in prison and Fu Rushen is sharpening his sword. Under this circumstance, it is more likely that the Jiang family will charge this debt to him.

"Alas!" Fu Rushen sighed, his eyes frequently falling on the door of Marquis Jingxuan's room.

Things happened so suddenly that he didn't even have anyone to discuss the matter with now.

I don't know if his sighs disturbed Marquis Jingxuan's dream, but after about a quarter of an hour, the door opened by itself.

Marquis Jingxuan looked pale and sleepy, his hair was disheveled and uncombed, and he opened the door wearing only an undershirt. The sunlight poured onto him in an instant. He subconsciously took a small step back and was blinded.