Chapter 24

Tim's pov
"Noo I deserve it.. I'm sorry.. let me go and I'll clean this up.." she stutters.
"Lu.. shhh don't worry about it, the only place you're going is the hospital. Im worried about you.." I say as I pick her up running out of the house and straight into the van. I call Angela on loudspeaker on the way and inform her what's happening. I glacé over and see Lucy in tears.
We get there and i run round to her side and I pick her up. I run into the hospital. "I need a doctor now!" I shout. A nurse at the desk looks at me, "what's happening sir, I need you to calm down" she says.
"Calm down?! She had a miscarriage and you sent her home and now she's bleeding!" I say panicking, I can feel Lucy grabbing onto me and to my shirt.
"Sir I understand that emotions are high but I'm sure this is nothing to worry about, now take a seat and a doctor will be with you in the next half an hour" she says.
I can feel myself getting worked up, she did not just tell me to sit down in the waiting room for half an hour while Lucy is bleeding and scared. The doctor told us to come straight back if she bled.
"No miss, you don't understand. The doctor told us to come back immediately if she bled due to some free fluid in her stomach, now I suggest you search her up in your computer. Officer Lucy Chen" I say while holding Lucy's hand.
"Right bare with me Sir" the nurse says as she looks into Lucy's file. I see her face drop..
"I'm so sorry sir, my mistake. Take her to room 93 and I'll get a doctor in there immediately" she says gesturing me which way to go.
"Yeah it is your mistake.. wait... did you say room 93?" I ask her to just to confirm.
"Yes sir room 93, down this corridor to your right" she says smiling. I get instant flashbacks from that moment Bailey brought her in, that room. The room that she coded in, the room that she seized in. No chance. No chance in hell was i taking her in that room.
"Yeah I hear you, is there another room" I ask.
"Yeah sure, room 87 same corridor sir." She says.
"Thank you" i reply before running down the corridor and into her room. I immediately lay her down on the bed. I don't let go of her hand.
"It's okay babe, you'll be okay" i say trying to reassure her. Again she's back to being silent. The fact the only words she mastered was that she though I was going to give her consequences because she had bled on the bed, that she wanted to clean it up, that she was sorry. She's literally bleeding out and that's her thought. I just want to walk straight into that station, into his cell, grab him by the neck and beat him while he begs me to stop. I'll tell him you're lucky this is all you're getting because you deserve a whole lot worse for what he's done to her.
The doctor comes in, "Miss Chen, I'm sorry that you're back so soon, do you know how long you've been bleeding for? Any discomfort?" He looks at her and she doesn't reply.
"Come on Lucy, you can answer him" i say squeezing her hand.
"Sorry doctor she's been like this since the miscarriage. The only words she's managed to say is that she's sorry etc as when I noticed the bleeding she panicked. She thought she was going to get a result of an action if that makes sense due to her trauma with her the ex. I say the bleeding been about an hour" I reply. I try to not say the word as I don't want to trigger her.
"Understood sir, Lucy I just need you to nod if you're feeling any discomfort when I press on your stomach" he says as he presses on her stomach, she nods.
"Nurse prep or1" he says.
" I need to take her to surgery immediately, you're more than welcome to stay here till she comes back" he says.
I immediately kiss her on the forehead. "I'll be right here Lucy, you keep being a fighter and I'll see you when you come round" i say smiling at her as he wheels her off to surgery.