Chapter 126

Tim's pov
Angela grabs the phone from me immediately placing it on  loud speaker.
"Tim you need to come in here now!" He says firmly, I can hear the panic in his voice. Something's not right.
I can't go in there.
I can't go in there and be told she isn't here.
I can't.
"Tim please" Grey says and I just feel Angela pull at my arm.
"I'm on my way" I mutter as I get out of the car. I don't know whether to run in or to take each step slowly because if I walk in there to be told she's gone, I want to enjoy every moment of hope I have. But if I don't run in and she needs me I'll never forgive myself.
Angela takes a hold of my hand and looks at me, she doesn't have to say anything. I know exactly what she means. That we will face this together.

Every step closer to the hospital doors feels like time is just frozen. I see Grey stood there with two doctors, he looks straight at me gesturing me to hurry up.
I take a deep breathe in and I walk up to them.
"Mr Bradford?" One of the doctors says looking at me.
"Yes? Is she...?" Feeling my voice break with every word that I say.
"We should go somewhere more private" one of them says as he gesutures me to walk into a room with them.
"Please" I say looking at them.
"Sir it's best we go alone. Your friends are welcome to come if you feel more comfortable that way?"
"Come on son" Grey says as he takes a hold of my other hand, practically dragging me into this room.
The door shuts.
This is it.

"Sir we have you listed as Miss Chen's emergency contact and next of kin." He takes a deep breath in. "As of right this second Miss Chen is currently with us. We managed to bring her back after she went in to cardiac arrest twice. She's had a blood transfusion. The bullet didnt have an exit wound but we have managed to get 99% of all bullet fragments removed. We are struggling to keep her alive. Would you like us to perform life saving measures?"
"We understand that this is a lot but we are on a time frame right now. We really need you to make a decision right this second." The other doctor says.

Fuck.