Chapter 86

Tim's pov
"Mr Bradford, you can go see her she is room 25" the doctor says briefly as he opens the door.
"Go on son" Grey says.
And I just walk straight to her room, I'm actually relieved that it's not that blooming room 93. I open the door to her room.
She's laid there still asleep, she looks peaceful. Her long dark brown hair all around her head, a little pale but better than she was, a few stitches on her forehead and her shoulder. She's gently tucked into the blanket on the bed, her IV thankfully still in. Her neck still a little inflamed.
I sit in the chair next to her taking a hold of her hand, playing with her fingers like I always do. It's become our little thing. 

Lucy's pov
At first I feel someone grab my hand and I panic for a split second but relax when I feel them playing  with my fingers as I know it's Tim. The smell of the bleach is strong, the lights are bright, it's loud but also so quiet.
I open my eyes and I look at Tim who's just sat there staring at me.
"Hey beautiful" he says smiling at me.
"Heyy.." I say tiredly.
"How's miss capable feeling" he says in this smug tone because I didn't manage to walk down the hill like I said I could.
"Sh you smart arse" I say smiling at him rolling my eyes.
"I'm serious, how are you feeling?" He asks.
"I'm okay, can we go home?" I ask him.
"Home?" He asks me looking confused.
"Yeah.. I know i didn't call it home for a while and I know you're probably still confused about everything. I promise I'll explain" I say to him because all I want right now to is to be laid in my own bed with him snuggled into me.
"I'll ask them if that's what you want to do, and yeah I am confused by it all. But right now all that matters is making sure that you're okay. We do need to talk about your health though" he says as he strokes my hair.
"Thank you, and what is it?" I ask him slightly worried.
"The doctor said that you're lucky, that you need to make sure your eating more, drinking more and that you need to be less stressed which I know is easier said than done. But babe, let me take some of that stress of you when you're ready."
"Mhm..but why? What did they actually say?" I say looking at him.
"No babe that's what they said, that your heart is struggling due to all the trauma your body has been through plus that you're malnourished, dehydrated and stressed so it's not helping."
"Oh.. right.." I say not sure what to say back.
My hearts struggling.. so not only is my physical heart struggling to keep me alive but the emotional heart is breaking. Great.
"We will work through it babe I promise you. But I do have good news" he says smiling.
"What is it?"
"Angela asked the doctor if you can still go to work as we all know you love to be there otherwise you'll hound me" he chuckled. "He said you can but that you need take a couple of days off, then desk duty for a week or so then ease you back onto the roads if you're eating and drinking enough" he says looking at me for my response.
Normally I'd be over the moon to go back but I don't know. I just don't think I want to go back, not yet anyways. I need to clear my head about everything with my parents, decide where to go with it, tell Tim, and just relax.
"Lu? I know it's not ideal but it's something and plus Angela said you can be her wingwoman detective" he says smiling.
"I don't.."
"You don't what?" He looks at me worriedly.
"I don't want to go back just yet, it's been a lot the last few weeks. I need to process a lot, my parent situation, I need to discuss that with you and quite frankly I just want to be if that makes sense" I reply back nervously.
He kisses me on the forehead.
"Baby that's more than okay, it's understandable. We just asked because we thought you might have wanted to. We can discuss your parent thing whenever you're ready to, there's no rush for it. And I'm sure I can rake a couple of days off to relax with you?" He says as he tries to reassure me.
"Just a couple, then Mr Bradford should get back to work" I say smiling at him.
"Deal but I choose the first show" he says smirking.
"Fine" i roll my eyes at him.
"I've missed you babe" he says he kisses me.
"I missed you too, I am sorry" I say as I kiss him back.
"Sh you don't need to say you're sorry. I'll go ask the doctor if you can go home if that's what you still want to do?" He says he starts to get up.
"I do, I just want to be in our bed" I smile at him as he goes out of the room.

Tim's pov
I walk out her room and I notice Grey and Angela still sat around by reception so I walk over to them.
"Hey" they both say.
"She's okay, she's awake. She said will talk about her parent situation later, just  not now and she's asked to go home" i say looking at them.
"That's really good son" Grey says.
"She actually said she wants to come home. She said the words home" I smile looking at Angela.
"She's coming home Tim" Angela says as she gives me a hug.
"Grey can i ask a question?" I ask looking at Grey.
"Son that was one but go ahead" he chuckles all proud of his little dad joke.
"Can I take a couple of days leave? It will only be a couple of days as she's forcing me back to work?" I say rolling my eyes.
"Of course son, but won't she be coming back then?"
He asks confused.
"Yeah Tim, she will be back then. I'm looking forward to having my wingwoman"Angela says conflicted.
"That's the thing. She said she ain't ready to come back yet. She needs time to process things, talk to me about her parents and decide what to do on the situation plus she also wants to relax" I say looking at them.
"Are they sure she doesn't have a concussion" Angela half joking said.
"I mean it wasn't what I was expecting but maybe this is what she needs. Just please keep an eye on her for the next few days" Grey says.
"I will do" I reply. "Let me go ask these doctors if I can take my girl home" i say smiling as I walk towards reception.
"You go get her  home" Angela shouts.
"Mr Bradford?" The doctor says looking at me.
"Hi, I'm wondering if she's able to go home tonight as she has asked if she's able to?" I ask him.
"Her recovering at home will probably benefit her more due to everything but there's the risk that she could leave, or she doesn't eat properly" he says.
I mean how can he say that when she literally left the hospital and they didn't even notice. The one place she's suppose to be in the best hands yet they don't realise she has gone.
"Respectfully she has also left here, I can assure you that we will be working on her eating, drinking, and stress." I reply back.
"Very well, I just need you to sign this form and I'll get a nurse to take her IV out and she can go home to you" he says as he hands me a form. I sign it handing it back to him.
"Thank you, a nurse will come in the next 10 minutes or so" he says as he walks off.
I turn and look at Angela and Grey, i nod and smile at them to let them know they can get off and we're going home.
I walk back to Lucy's room and she's sat up.
"Hey baby, the nurse is going to come take your IV out then we can go home" I say to her as I walk over kissing her on the forehead.
She just smiles at me.
Gosh I missed that smile. I missed her face. The smell of her perfume, the feeling of being whole.