Chapter 100

Lucy's pov
"Here goes nothing.." I say as I walk towards the door. Tim grabs a hold of me, he kisses me gently on the lips taking hold of my pinky.
"We got this babe" he says softly as he steps away to let me open the door.
I don't know if I can do this.
I want to pretend like we aren't home, I want to just stay in Tim's arms all night. I want to feel safe.
I take my hand slowly towards the door handle. Unsure of what's to come tonight or how this will be.
We are both aware of the code words if we need to get out.
Kojo has been acting off all day, following me around constantly. He's currently sat next to the door looking at me.
I glance back at Tim, who's just smiling at me softly. I can see he's nervous.

Tim's pov
I watch her go to open the door, she glances at me. I can see the worry in her big brown eyes, and I won't lie I'm nervous too.
I smile at her softly to let her know I'm here, and that we can do this together.
I feel my heart race. I mean it's been racing all day because we keep teasing each other but this was different.
I'm scared because I know I have to keep calm with them even though I know what they did to her. But I'm also scared for Lucy. For how this is going to impact her.
We was getting to the stage of having her back, getting her back after everything that has happend.
I mean the last two days have been hard, since finding out we wasnt pregnant. We talked about it. But I wasn't completely honest with her. I didn't tell her how I felt like I was failing her because I didn't get her pregnant.
I know I should have told her. I don't know why I didn't.
The door opens and in walks her parents. No hi.  Nothing.

Lucys pov
I open the door and my parents walk straight in. They don't ask how I am let alone say hi. I just stare blankly at them.
Tim walks over to me, gently putting his arm around me as I shut the door. I turn around.
"Hi, it's lovely to meet you both, I'm Tim" says politely he's trying to start the conversation. He places his hand out for my pappy to shake his hand but he just stares at him.
"Mum, pappy" I say softly as they walk towards the sofa.
"We aren't staying Luc...y" my mum says she sits down, my pappy sits down next to him. I could tell she was about to say the name she liked to call me but my pappy tapped her on the hand.
I swallow deeply as she nearly says it.
"I..I thought you was coming for food and..sstaying for a little bit..." I stutter nervously.
"Oh dear, you know we don't like to stay with our disappointment much" my pappy says rolling his eyes.
Tim looks at me immediately, I just smile at him. He places his hand on my thigh.
"Mum, this is Tim"
"I know who he is. He deserves better than you."
"Does she even satisfy you?" My pappy says chucklling.
"Pappy!" I say shocked.
"Dear it's a joke. He knows that right Chris?"
Did he just say that...
"It's Tim and I don't think this is a conversation you should be having about your daughter"
"Excuse me?!" My pappy snaps at him.
"Im not that monster that did them horrible things to your daughter" he says firmly and I grab a hold of his thigh, he places his hand on top of mine squeezing it gently.
"I think we got off on the wrong foot, that wasn't our intention. We love our daughter very much and we just want what's best for her. Don't we love?" She says as she looks at pappy.
"We do, I apologise" he says firmly.
Breathe.
"Why did you say she was a disappointment then?" Tim asks curiously.
"We just didn't envision this life style for her, we had hoped for more, you'll understand if you have your own children with someone one day. And we don't agree with the system.  You know with us being therapists, so we didn't want her to work for such system. But let's forget about that and let's start over" my mum says smiling as she puts her hand out for Tim to shake her hand, and he does reluctantly.

Tims pov
"So Tim, how's working with the police going?"  Her mum asks.
"It's going good thank you, I now work with Metro. Lucy's smashing her career too, I couldn't be prouder of her and I'm sure you feel the same way about it" I smile at them.
I notice Lucy blushes a little.
"That's good, and of course. We could never not be proud of her. She seems happier since meeting you, I'm glad you are there for her."
"Of course, I will always be there for her."
Her dad doesn't say much, he just keeps staring at Lucy. I can tell that she feels uncomfortable with it, I mean with pretty much everything that has been says makes me feel uncomfortable. I take a hold of her pinky to reassure her. She smiles softly at me.
I know I have to keep calm, if Lucy wants to prosecute I can't have them suspicious of us.