Chapter 116

Lucy's pov
"7 Adam- 100 to dispatch show me as on scene" I radio through as I pull on to the driveway. 
"Dispatch to 7 Adam- 100 do you need back up?"
"Negative" I radio as I step out of the vehicle walking towards the front door. I knock on the door, the apartment suddenly goes silent from all the shouting.
Nothing.
I wait a few seconds before knocking once again. The door opens, a tall muscular man with dark blonde hair, around 30 year old, staring straight at me.
"Officer?" He says smiling at me.
"Hi sir I'm detective Chen I've been called to do a welfare check on everyone in this property due to a disturbance call we have received. Is it okay if I come in?"
"Of course, just give me one second" he says as he starts to shut the front door but I put my foot in the way before he can, I grab a hold of the door pushing it back.
"Sir step back" I say firmly and he does. I open the door fully walking into the apartment.

"Police anyone home?!" I shout as I take a hold of his arm walking him into the living room. "This is just a precaution Mr?" I say looking at him. 
"Mr Chris Benson" he says.
"Is anyone else home?" He nods, and points towards the bedroom.
"Police come out" I say as I step towards the bedroom. The door opens and a young woman approximately 20 years old with dark long brown hair. Her hands shaking, dark circles under her eyes, her eyes looking dull. Wearing a dark blue dressing gown.
"Hi miss, are you okay?" I say looking at her as I gesture her to sit down.
"Yeah I'm fine thank you" she says softly.
"Miss?" I say looking at her gaging the way she looks over at him.
"Miss Layla Buckley" she says.
"Your ID?" I say looking at them. She gets up and shows me them smiling at me.
"Thank you"

"7 Adam-100 to control can I get a background check on Mr Chris Benson DOB 12/07/1990 and a Miss Layla Buckley DOB 05/02/2001" I radio through.
"Okay what happened tonight?" I ask them as I wait for control to radio back.
"It was just a disagreement about something but we are all good aren't we Layla babe" he says looking at her and she just nods.
"Do you know Angel?" I say looking at Layla gently nodding and she looks at me.
"I do" she says softly.
"Control to 7 Adam-100 Mr Chris Benson has previous for domestic abuse, possession of a firearm. Currently wanted on a rape and attempted murder charge.  Backup is on route"

Suddenly Layla falls back and starts seizing.
"7 Adam-100 to control in need of a desperate RA to my location asap. Young female currently seizing"  I radio quickly as I lay her back placing a pillow under her head. I feel her pulse and notice marks on her wrist.
"Chris any medical condition? Anything we need to be aware of?"
"She has them frequently it's fine" he says calmly almost smirking at me.
"Control to 7 Adam-100 RA on route. Approximately 2 minutes away. Backup is 4 minutes away"
"Layla you're fine. I'm here" I say repeatedly while watching Chris.

A knock at the door. "It's the ambulance crew can we come in?" I look at Chris and then I walk straight to the door letting them in.
"Miss Layla Buckley 05/02/2001 started seizing approximately 2 minutes ago starting to regain consciousness now. Not lost pulse." I say to them and they nod their head immediately taking her away on a stretcher.
"Detective Chen it's Harper I'll follow with her in the ambulance. You okay here? Take a statement from the boyfriend" nyla radios through.
"All good" I reply back, the front door shuts close.
"Sir I understand that this is stressful but I do need to take a statement from you. It's just standard procedure with this happening after the call we received. It's nothing to worry about"
I hear a baby crying in the next room, and I look at him.