Chapter 119

Lucy's pov
I see Celina running towards me and she takes a hold of the baby, running back towards one of the ambulances.
I go to open my breath to say something but no words come out.
I needed to know the baby was safe, and was going somewhere safe.
I get to the bottom step, I can't breathe.
I look down seeing the blood soaking through, I take a seat on the bottom step.
Breathe.

"BAILEY!" I hear Grey screaming as an ambulance pulls up. I feel Angela's arm around my back, pulling my head into her chest, stroking my hair.
"You did it Lucy, it's okay. You're okay. Baileys is going to take you to the hospital and Tim will be brought to you" Angela says softly.
I shake my head.
I briefly close my eyes for a second.
"No Lucy open them eyes for me" I hear Bailey say she takes a hold of my hand.
"Lucy hey stay with me" Angela says, I can almost hear her voice cracking. "Lucy"
"Officer Chen" I hear Greys voice breaking as he says it.
"Two minutes" I say softly. "I'm tired"
"I need you to open your eyes now for me Lucy" Angela says.
"Hey Lucy it's Bailey I need you to look at me for a second?" Bailey says, I know her voice too well. I know that she's worried.

I slowly open my eyes, everything's so bright and blurry. I can just about make our their faces, the headlines of their face.
"Ttimm where iss?" I say breathlessly.
"Lucy he's at home, he's going to meet you at the hospital okay? I'll call him" Angela says.
"I need to..go" I say as I grab hold of the bannister pulling myself up with both hands. Almost choking on my breathe.
"Put your hand back on your wound and sit down." Bailey says but I just start taking a step towards the car, I can almost grab onto the car door. My legs are shaking beneath me.
"Officer Chen it's an order" Grey says firmly.
I grab open the car door, I feel Angela take a hold of the door opening it. I sit down, placing my hand back on the wound. I rest my head back onto the headrest of the chair.

"Angela start driving" Grey exclaims as he jumps into the front passenger seat. Angela runs around to the driver's side getting in.
I feel Bailey laying me down in the back seat. The sirens blaring through, causing my head to feel like it's pounding.
"Angela drive quick please!" I hear Bailey saying worriedly.
"Home" I mutter.
"No Lucy you aren't going home, you need to go to the hospital okay? Then you can go home. Tim will be there okay?"
I feel a tear roll down my face, I can't break that promise to him.
"Please" I mutter again, feeling my eyes fluttering.
Every time I take a breath I can hear that same sound in my throat that I did the last time I was shot.

Angela's pov
The whole drive to the hospital hearing how Lucy was breathing just reminded me of that time when Mateo had shot her. Those same squeaky airy breath sounds, echoing through the shop.
I can't lose her. We can't lose her.
I glance at my side and I notice Grey's leg shaking a little, I gently tap him in the knee smiling at him softly. He looks at me and we both have tears in our eyes. I glance in my mirror, seeing Lucy laying across the back two chairs with her head resting on Bailey's knee. Both their hands placed on top of the bullet wound, the blood soaking their hands.  Lucy's face becoming paler by the second. Her hair laid all over Bailey's knees. Her belt isn't fastened properly and her zipper is down. The hem of her trousers and top is ripped.
Fuck.
I glance at Bailey's face and I can see the worry in her face, I mean I'd heard it in her voice but I could visibly see the worry in her face. That was different.
I knew it wasn't good news.

"Grey we need to call Tim" Bailey suddenly says. "Now" she says more firmly.