Chapter 49

Lucy's pov
I lay back with my head resting against the window just staring out as Tim starts to drive. Angela has grabbed hold of my leg and is currently applying pressure to it. I feel my leg throbbing, the blood going down my leg. I've got this pain that I can't describe in my vagina and all in my lower stomach. I breathe deeply trying to deal with the pain. I just want to curl up and go to sleep. I keep making little noises as i'm breathing because of the pain and discomfort that I'm in. I feel myself getting warm, so I roll the window down a little. I see Tim glancing at me in the mirror. I don't know if I can face him, the station, the parent situation, I'm just tired. Angela keeps quiet which I'm grateful for as I can't bear her trying to make me and Tim talk. We pull up at the hospital and Tim jumps out and runs around to my side and opens the door.  Angela stays behind me in case I fall back. "Come on Lucy let's get you in there, just lean onto the shop, keep pressure off your leg" Angela says. I step out of the shop and lean against the shop on one leg. "Tim go get her checked in and bring a wheelchair" Angela says and he runs off inside.
"Lucy are you okay?" Angela asks worriedly. "Are you due on"
"Huh? Why are you asking that?" I ask her confused as i wince in pain. I feel the cool air on my face but I don't feel any cooler.
"Lucy don't panic but there's blood running down, your inner thigh. Are you on? Because if you are then you are heavy which is normal after the miscarriage but I need to know" Angela says as she wraps a spare hoodie around my waist.
"No Angela I'm not on and I'm not due on. I'm on the pill.." I say as I look down and see the blood. I get instant flashbacks from being in the hospital bathroom, in my towel, the twinges, the blood trickling down my leg. My breathing becomes faster.
"Lucy shh it's okay, you aren't pregnant. You aren't going through it again. The doctors will figure it out. Don't panic. Tim will be back soon" Angela says trying to reassure me.
"Do you think he meant what he said before the op and then that he thinks I was trying to take the easy way out?" I ask nervously.
"I don't think he did Lucy. But you seriously need to have a chat with him, he's been awful these last few days while you was gone. I think there's a lot that needs to be said from him, he's royally fucked up. And I'm saying that to him as his best friend too, Greys told him the same. Don't let him carry on like everything's fine. Look we will get you checked out, head to the station, debrief and I'll drop you home" Angela says hugging me.

Tim's pov
As I'm driving to the hospital, I keep glancing at Lucy in back. I just wanted to hug her when I saw her. Tell her how sorry I am. She looks so pale, she has a black eye, hand print bruise across her face, strangulation marks on her neck that look like they're starting to bruise, her leg is bleeding like mad, there's a mark on her face and her chest where the gun was pressed against her with such force. I've just watched her throw up this black thick stuff which means she hasn't been eating, id just got her back eating not fully but it killed me to see her going backwards. She's just staring out of the window. I can see she's in pain, but I can see she's trying to process something but I can't figure out what. Was this childhood stuff I heard true? He had to have said more because of how Angela looked when she was in that room. Surely that wasn't true. She'd have said something to someone. She came in on her first day full of fire and life, how did she manage that if it is true. I pull up at the hospital and i jump out and run round to her side opening the door, I just wanted to pick her up and take her in but before I can even say another word Angela tells me to go inside and book her in, and to bring a wheel chair out.
So I run inside and straight to reception.
"Miss I need to check in Officer Lucy Chen, she's been shot in the leg, looks like a potential skimming but she's lost a lot of blood. She needs a full check over as she was on an undercover operation" i say quickly but also quietly as I'm not sure who's around.
"Understood sir, where is she?" The nurse asks.
"She's outside with another officer I need a wheel chair" i ask getting increasingly worried about the amount of time I've left her.
"There is one there. Bring her in now and take her to room 93." The nurse replies.
"Miss I need another room. And you can't put her name anywhere in case someone's around" i reply. I can't put her back in that room. I know it's my guilt and panic setting in about that room but I can't do it.
"Understood sir, room 65" she says.
"Thank you" i run outside taking the wheelchair. I see Lucy stood leaning against the shop hugging Angela. I see the blood near her ankle but then I see the blood going down her thigh. Fuck. I feel this rage this panic.
"I'm here" i say as I help Lucy get into the wheelchair. She just smiles softly and I rush her in and straight to her room with Angela following behind.