One

I think I've been out here too long. I've grown into a monster, just like them. All those dead things, being out here with them, it's caused me to change. I've become stronger, and I rely on my wits to survive.

I've been alone for, what seems, two years. Although, it's only been a year since my mom and dad died. And my sister, Jamie, has been gone. She didn't die, or anything. She just..... disappeared. She went missing after mom and dad died. It was weird, and I hoped she was still alive.

I had two weapons. My gun, which had three bullets, and my knife. The knife had a short handle, but a semi big blade. It wasn't very good, I suppose. It was supposed to be a kitchen knife, but I use what I can.

I was in L.A, because Jacksepticeye had flown down here for PAX East. I was going to go, but this whole zombie apocalypse thing sorta made it impossible. And the bomb shelter was no help. They said they were going to clear out all dead one's, but, obviously that didn't work.

I suddenly heard moaning, and groans. I turned my head left, and saw a shadow on my tent, scratching noises followed. I was tired, though. Killing it would include me getting out, and physically stabbing it. But, if I didn't, more could come.

I sighed, grabbed both my knife and gun, and unzipped the tent slightly. It thrusted it's face into the small crack, moans escaping its purple lips. It used to be a female, judging by its hair. And face. And dress.

I lifted the knife, and drove it into its left eye slowly. Blood splattered my face and higher chest. I took it out, and zipped the tent back up. I grabbed the rag from the corner, and started to wipe off the bloody knife. After that, I rose the rag to my face. I started to rub it off when I heard footsteps. I gasped in surprise, and lifted my gun. I picked up my knife.

Suddenly, a moan escaped the mouth of something behind the tent. I turned to see another appear by it. Shit..... I knew what this meant, a herd was passing by.

I picked up my bag, which was already packed in case of emergencies like this, and my gun and knife. I unzipped the tent fully, and ran, leaving the flap open. I'd go back in the morning anyways.

I felt my foot get caught on something as I ran, and I went down face first. Pain shot down my whole foot. I held back a scream. I saw my foot caught on a root. I wriggled it lose, and sprinted away. Oh crap, that hurt. A lot. I felt blood trickle down my ankle. Not heavily, but enough that I could see it, despite it being sun set. Jus my luck. Out here, in the dark, or, almost dark, with no shelter. I've never had to do that before. At least, not alone.

I saw a tree I could climb. Ok, great. Tree's are always good. I could stay up there for the night. Nothing could reach me, unless these things know how to climb somehow. And, I could watch the sun rise when it happened.

I placed one hand on the branch above me, and the other slightly below me. I pushed up, and pulled up with my hand. I placed my foot on a branch, and pulled up. I pulled my other foot up, and pain jolted up. I slipped and grabbed onto the branch closest. I placed my feet back on, but put very little pressure on the one that hurt.

I was a few branches up, and decided it was good enough. I looked over everything, my eyes taking in land I haven't yet explored. It was mostly forest, but I could see a building. Not too far off, maybe a few hours walk. I could easily get there soon. Maybe they had a bike there. I was only sixteen, going into the apocalypse at fourteen. Being on my own at fifteen, I think. Weird, in this world, I can't even remember hold I was.

I slightly laughed, and continued looking. Smoke was by the building. Must be a forest fire. I'd find out tomorrow.

I took out a rope from the tent I had been in, and tied myself down to the tree, hoping to stay on.

Almost Dead (A Jacksepticeye Fan Fiction) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara