Five

I watched as Jack picked up my gun. Mark was still holding me. I felt really bad. I pulled away from him, and got my things gathered. There was no way th-

"What are you doing?" Jack asked, walking over with Mark following.

"Leaving." I stated the obvious. Jack looked hurt, and tears formed in his blue eyes. I stopped. "Isn't that what you want?" I stiffened.

"Are you apart of that group?" Mark asked, and I shook my head. "Then I want you to stay." He said, and Jack nodded, relief obvious in his eyes. I put down my bag.

"Really?" I asked, and Mark and Jack both nodded. I looked down. "Ok.." I slowly said. Then I looked at Mark. "But you have to trust me. I'm alone and-" I stared, but Jack interrupted.

"But your not alone." He said. Anger and annoyance entered my head.

"I'm alone! I wasn't with anyone! Why won't you believe me?" I snapped. Mark rolled his eyes. Jack looked like he was gonna laugh.

"That's not what I meant." He put a hand on my shoulder. "I meant your with us, ok? I believe you. I think you where alone." He added and I stopped breathing for a second. Did he mean that?

As if reading my head, Mark nodded at me. "If they really arn't with them, we don't want you to leave."

"I'm not." I said. Mark's eyes lit up.

"Ok then, let's go kick some ass. We need Wade back. And then we'll find Felix and Matthias." Mark said, and walked into the back and up some stairs. I looked at Jack.

"Do you really think I'm with them?" I asked, looking down. He shook his head.

"I don't like putting so much trust into someone.. Ever since Wiishu broke my heart, I didn't really trust anyone besides Mark and Matt. Then, since Wade and Felix where here and we were all together here, I started trusting them. Those are the only people I trusted..." He was silent for a moment. "I don't know why I trust you like I do. It's weird, and... I don't know what to say." He looked at me, and I stared back at him. He stepped closer so he was almost right in my face.

"I.. I.." I stuttered. He backed away, and put his hand on the back of his neck.

"But um.. yea, I don't think you where with them." He said awkwardly. I nodded, relief washing over me.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"What for?" He asked.

"You don't know how much I wanted to hear that. I didn't want you to think I was with them, because, I'm not." I saw Mark coming back down with a bunch of big guns.

"You know how to shoot?" Mark asked, tossing Jack a gun.

"I think so. My dad taught me in the beginning, but I haven't done that in awhile." I said, and looked at my gun on the table.

"Well, Jack will teach ya then. Well, re teach, I guess. There's target practice in the top floor." He said, tossing me a gun. I caught it, and looked at it, rolling it in my hands.

Jack headed for the stairs, and I followed him. What if we didn't have enough ammo..? I shook away the thought, and walked up beside him on the wide staircase.

When we got up finally, I was amazed at what I saw. Wow... so many targets. And boxes of ammo. Jack flopped down onto a chair and sighed.

"I'd give ya the grand tour, but we don't have very long." He shifted his position to get more comfy. I looked around and back at him. This is awkward... "Try to hit that target." He added. I smiled and held the gun to my eyes. I looked through the scope, and attempted to hit the target. I hit it dead on. Guess a guns like a bike, you never forget.