Sixty Five

"Stop!" I screeched. Jack held me back. Another hit to Phil's head, and he fell over. Mark had his hand over his mouth from screaming. "No!" I yelled, tears falling from my eyes. I couldn't stop crying as I stared at Phil. He was my best friend, besides Mark. Dan looked frozen.

"P-Phil..?" His voice sounded like any thing could break it. "No!" He screeched, dropping to his knees. I hugged Jack, and continued to cry my eyes out. I hiccuped here and there, but I couldn't move. Phil should be alive.

"He didn't have to die!" I screamed.

"Neither did my people. I didn't want to do that, but you need to learn-" in a flash, Dan had punched him.

"You sick ass fuck!" He screamed.

"Oh! I know you did not just do that!" Negan yells, grabbing Dan's shirt collar. Dan spit in his face. Negan threw him backwards, and he fell into Yolyne. "Do you not learn?" He screamed. "Fine. I'll show you again." He walked up to me, and held the bat to my head.

"No!" Mark screamed. "Hit me. Leave her out. Fucking hit me!" He yells, stepping closer.

"M-Mark no.." I mumbled. Negan shrugged, and whipped the bat against Mat's head. Nate screamed, and Mark grabbed him.

"Stop!" I screeched, and Jack grabbed me.

"I-I-Ill f-find you, N-Nate..." he managed to stutter out.

"Look! Nate! He's talking to you!" He yelled. He jumped, slamming the bat back down onto Mats head.

"Stop!" I screeched, and tried getting away from Jack. Nate kicked Mark in the balls, and shoved Negan away from Mat.

"Mat.. please say you're ok.." he mummerd, his hand on his shoulder. No response. "Mat!" He yells.

Negan stood up.

"I said hit me!" Mark yells, stepping forward. "You bitch ass pussy!" He screamed. I felt Jack's grip loosen on me, and I pulled away. I ran to Dan, and hugged him. He was Phil's lover, after all. I cried harder into his chest, and he hugged me.

"Get them out. We'll be there in seven days to get our shit. Help them with the bodies."

****

Mark was holding me on the way back. I don't know how I ended up with him, but I didn't care. Phil was dead. And Mat.. Mat, that's my fault. He should have hit me... I deserved it more then Mat.

Nate had his head in his knees, and wasn't talking.

"We're going to take them down." Mark pulls away from me. "We're going to get revenge. For Mat, and for Phil. We will kill Negan, and his group." I looked up.

"Look what they did, Mark. Because Dan fought back, we got another person dead. Dan, I'm not blaming you, I'm making a point. If we fight back, we'll loose people.." Rob says. Dan nods.

"It was my fault." Mark says, looking down.

"Are you saying Sophia should have died?" Jack snaps. Mark shakes his head.

"No. I just wish I could have convinced him to kill me.. Mat didn't deserve it..." I felt Jack pull me closer. I let him, and hugged his chest.

"I'm with ya, Mark," Nate says. Mark looks away, not meeting his eyes.

"Yea. For them, we'll fight back," Dan agrees, and looks at me and Jack. "Sophia, you knew Phil. He'd want us to avenge him. You agree, right?" I nodded. Jack nodded as well.

"I agree.." Rob says. Yolyne and Amy ended up agreeing.

"We're home, kiddos. Get out, and give everyone their surprise," one of Negans followers laughed.

Jack and Mark helped with the bodies.

And I just watched. I went home, and crawled into bed. I felt empty. Phil was gone. And I should have died, not Mat. I felt myself starting to get depressed.

Until I heard a British voice.

"Sophia, I need you on my side. I'm going to kill Negan now. Will you help me?"