Seventy One

"Who's the prick who shot me?" Negan snaps, looking around. Nobody talked. "Who shot me?" He repeated.

His gun went up, and he pointed at Rob. Rob had a bullet to the arm, and was hiding it behind his back.

"Tell me, or I'll shoot you." Rob doesn't answer, but instead steps forward.

"I'll let you kill me before I tell you." He spit in Negan's face. Negan chuckled, and shoved Rob slightly. He wiped his face, and smiled.

"Ya got guts there, kid," he says, and points his gun at Sarah. He clenched his jaw, and shook his head.

"You wouldn't kill a pregnant woman," Rob snaps. He shrugs.

"You're right," he says. He aimed at Mark. My eyes widened. "But I'd kill him."

"Me. I shot you. It was my fault," I said, stepping away from Jack. Negan turned to me. "I got shot twice. Once in the shoulder, once in the stomach."

"I get it. I killed your friends, you wanted to get back at me."

I looked down as he came closer. I felt fear bubble inside me. And for once, I didn't feel like I wanted to die.

"Please don't kill me.." I mumbled, as I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"I won't. And hey, I won't even shoot you like I was planning, because you already are!" He looked at his people. "Who's the one who shot you?" I looked up.

"I-I don't know.... I didn't see.." I mummerd. He chuckled.

"You did kill a number of my men. Probably was one of him, right?" I nodded. He grabbed my chin to make me look up at him. His other hand went down my arm. I breathed in air, and Jack grabbed my hand gently.

"What's your name again?"

"S-Sophia..." I mumbled. He nods, and let's me go. Jacks arms pulled me into his arms instantly.

"Awe, are you jealous, Jack?" He asked. Jack clenched his teeth.

"With you touching my wife? Kinda," he replied.

"Jack.." I whispered.

"Well, Jack, I could touch you instead. Would you like that instead."

"Go ahead," Jack says, pulling away from me. Negan raised an eyebrow, and pulled his bat closer.

"Why, I'll touch you everywhere, my man. Well, Lucille will."

"Please do," Jack says, opening his arms like he was giving Negan a hug. Negan smirked.

I heard a gunshot. And a scream.

"Mark!" I screeched. Yolyne ran to his side. Mark had a gunshot on his stomach.

"Now, if anyone else wants to stand up, I can shoot Mark again." I shook my head. Nate ran to help Mark. "Alright. You have two options here. Either I take the girl, or I kill someone. You have thirty seconds. Go."

"You're taking me-"

"No you're not. You can kill me," Jack says, pushing me slightly. He looked at Negan, his blue eyes determined. "I'm the best one to kill. I mean the world to her, and her son, so why not kill me?" He asked.

"You don't seem to caring of your wife then. Wanting to die? Leaving her alone with a child? Letting her loose the love of her life?"

"I'm taking Mark into my house to-"

"You're going nowhere. Stay," Negan instructs. Yolyne sits by Mark, and presses down on the gunshot with a shirt. "Alright. If you want me to kill someone..." he looked around. "I'll kill... you.." he pointed at someone, and shot their stomach.

My mouth fell open. What happened next happened in slow motion.

Jack dropping to his knees.

Nate's mouth and gun dropping in sync.

Yolyne gasping.

Negan walking away.

And Mark not moving as he bled from two holes in his body.