Eighty One

I took a deep breath.

"Um. No. We'll hold off until tomorrow. But we need a lot more ammo and guns if we're going to fight," I tell Nate. He nods, and walks to find other people.

I walked up to my house, and onto the top floor. I walked to the window, and opened it.

I walked into the roof, and sat down.

And that's when I realized how fucked we were.

Not enough people. Even if we got more guns, how in hell would we have the numbers? The people? How would we survive the fight?

"Hey," I heard Sarah's voice. I turned to see her climbing out after me. I sighed.

"How's the kid?" I asked as she sat by me. She smiled.

"Not much longer. Yolyne says about a month or two. I was thinking about naming him Mark. If it's a boy. But if it's a girl, I don't know. Rob wanted Rachel."

"Jack let me name him..." I say, and sighed.

I looked out, and saw two walkers. I took a deep breath, and pulled my gun to my eyes.

I couldn't see very well, but I shot.

The two both jumped, and raised their hands.

"Hey!" I heard a faint male voice yell. I dropped my gun, and looked how far off the ground I was. Wasn't too high...

I jumped down, and ran to the gate. I opened it, and held my gun up as I ran out.

Nate came running behind me.

"Stop!" I yelled out. I couldn't see their faces too well yet. Nate walked beside me, and we walked side by side to the figures.

Light pink hair was in view now. I continued walked, and saw them.

I froze. My gun dropped, as well did Nate's. This wasn't real. It couldn't be.

"Don't just stand there. Give me a hug."

"You're dead. It was my fault. I watched you both fucking die!" I yelled.

"Negan had a make up artist. Two actually. They're pretty good," Rob says. I felt tears in my eyes, and jumped into Mark, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"He killed his own people," Mark said, hugging me back. I felt tears in my eyes as I hugged him tighter.

"Mark..." I mummerd, and pulled away. "I missed you so badly.."

"I know..."

****

I smashed my car onto Hunters, and giggled.

"Whoops. I win," I say, and ruffle his hair. He giggled, and wobbled over to me. He plopped into my lap, and started playing with the car I was using. I smiled, and grabbed another car, and ran it around the floor.

"Hey, Hunter. Time to go home," Jack walks into the room. I nodded at Hunter, who just held onto me tighter.

"Let him stay the night," I snapped. Jack clenched his jaw. "Marks fine, I didn't get him killed. So chill, ok?" I added.

"Hunter, go up into your room, ok?" Jack asks. Hunter walks up the stairs, and I turned to Jack. "Let me see your stomach." I groaned, and rolled my shirt up. "Ok. You can keep him. Tonight, that's it."

"Jack, I don't understand why the fuck you're mad at me. I don't fucking understand."

"You almost got my best friend killed."

"It wasn't my fucking fault!" I screamed. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm coming back I get him tomorrow. Like it or not." And with that, he walked out, slamming the door behind him.