Seventy Nine

I shook as I woke up. I was in a blue hoodie, which smelled strongly of Jack. I groaned, and felt myself shaking worse as I opened my eyes. I saw Yolyne in the chair beside me.

"Hi," she tells me brightly. I looked at her, and closed my eyes. I let my head fall back. "Everyone talked. They think you should be our leader since Mark... well, you know. But, may I ask, is everything ok with Jack?" I shook my head. "Why?"

"It's my fault... Jack blames me.." she nods.

"It's not. But um, ontop of you not sleeping, the stress, and having a panic attack, you passed out. You probably don't feel too good, do you?" She asks. I chuckled, and nodded. She stood. "Do you want me to go get Jack?" She asked.

"Wait, how'd I get back?" I asked.

"Nate found you two days ago." She replied. "Which is why I ask if you and Jack are ok. I think he left you there-"

"Jack wouldn't just leave me..." I say. She shrugs. "Get me Sarah."

Five minutes later, Sarah came rushing in.

"I-Im sorry..." I say. She shook her head.

"Not your fault..." she tells me. I sighed. "Nate's coming in. He wants to see if you're ok..."

"Can you get me Hunter?" I asked. She nods, and walks through the door. Nate comes in, and looked at me. "Does Jack hate me?" I asked. He sighed, and looked away.

"It's complicated.." he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. "His best friend did die saving you, I imagine he's upset-"

"Jack's never hated anyone in his life..." I mummerd. "Nate, I want to be alone for a bit.."

"Ok. I'll check on you later." I swallowed some spit, and heard him walk away.

Then I heard footsteps. I looked as a tuft of green hair walked in.

"Jack?" I whispered. He looked down at me. I looked up at Hunter in his arms.

"Mommy." Hunter reached for me.

"I don't want my son hanging out with a killer," Jack snaps, holding Hunter closer.

"That's coming from you? I know what you did, and that was sick."

"I was protecting you. It's different," he snaps. "And just stay away from Hunter, ok?"

"And what if I told you Hunter wasn't even yours?" I asked as he started walking away. He froze. "What if I cheated on you?"

"You wouldn't have."

"Really? What if I told you he was Mark's? That's why we had gotten along so well." He clenched his teeth as he faces me. "I'm joking. Jack, you're the only one I l-"

"Save it," he snaps. I felt tears in my eyes, but held them in. Jack walked out, and I let out a small cry. I didn't want Jack hating me. But it was my fault Mark was dead.

I put my head in my knees, and took a deep breath. Soon, Yolyne came back in, and helped me about, hoping I'd be able to talk to everyone by two days.