Forty Eight

Jack's POV

"Alrighty. You're free to go," Yolyne tells me, turning off the machine that was hooked up to me moments ago. I smiled and nodded.

I instantly took off, looking for our house. As soon as I did, I saw Mark in our kitchen. I smiled, and walked in.

"Hey!" Mark says, hugging me. I smiled, and hugged back. "Sophia's upstairs sleeping. Me and Felix stayed the night last night. And, when you get her up, bring her down, cuz it's almost ready," he says. I nodded, and pulled away.

"Ok. See ya," I say. "Oh, and it smells good," I added, creeping up the stairs.

I opened the door to see Sophia asleep. Hunter was on the bed as well, in a bundle of blankets. I smiled, and walked over. I shook her shoulder gently, and she groaned, looking up at me.

"Jack!" She yelled, springing up and wrapping her arms quickly around my neck. I hugged her back, laughing.

"Yolyne said I could come back early today. So. Surprise!" I cheered. She smiled, and kissed my cheek. "By the way. I don't know if ya noticed. But there's thing. It's called a crib. I'm pretty damn sure that's where a baby sleeps. And look!" I gasped, pointing at the crib. "That's one right now!" She rolled her eyes.

"I know. I just wanted him with me," she replied, looking at the sleeping child. I smiled, and looked at him.

I crawled over her, and shook him slightly. His eyes blinked open, and his mouth turned into a frown. His cheeks puffed up, and a cry escaped his mouth.

"Shit.." I mumbled, and pulled him into my lap. "Hi there baby... Hunter you're so damn adorable," I cooed, and bounced him on my knee.

"I know he is," she said, and kissed the top of his head. I kissed her cheek.

"Ya know, I feel horrible for not being there," I say, and look at him. "Hope it didn't hurt so bad.."

"Oh, well, a kid was pushed out from inside of me, but nope. Didn't hurt too bad," she says. I smirked, and grabbed her hand, setting him down back in his spot.

"I'm sorry.." I told her, and kiss her lips. She smiled, and wrapped her arms around my waist. My hands traveled onto her hips, and rubbed gently. "But, I love ya," I said, pulling away from the kiss.

"Love ya too," she says, and nuzzled her face in my neck. "I'm so tired. He woke me up last night, and I fed him, and then rechanged him..." she trailed off, kissing my neck gently. I tensed, and she smiled. Another kiss was placed under my ear, and I held her tighter.

"H-hey, Mark's cooking b-breakfast.." I stuttered, and felt her smirk.

"Ok. I'll bring Hunter. Maybe he'll drink some more," she says. I nodded, and reached for Hunter again. But, she grabbed him first. "I'll carry him down," she says, smiling. I rolled my eyes, but followed her downstairs.