Fifty Seven

Here's a warning; Major character death coming up!!!!  Such an early warning!!! Also! Sorry, there's a lot of POV changing.... x'D

~~~

"One day, my eyes won't open. One day, my heart won't beat. One day, my mouth won't move. One day, my arms and legs will stop moving. One day, my mind will stop working. One day, you won't be able to hold me. One day, no breaths will escape my lips. One day, one of us will die. That day, is tonight. And tonight? I want you to shoot me."

"Why?"

"I was bit."

"How... how long have you known?"

Silence.

"Tell me how long you've known."

"Since earlier. The run earlier today. I saved his life.."

"Who's? He should be dead, not you."

"It doesn't matter."

"I don't want you to go..."

"You can't help it... I just want you to help me one last time. You're going to take my gun, and you're going to shoot me in my sleep, alright?"

"N-no.. we can get you help..."

"No... no we can't.."

"I'm sorry I couldn't have seen you... but you're going to be ok-"

"Promise me something?"

"Anything."

"After you kill me... don't cry. Stay happy ....."

"I can't do that."

"Stay happy, and stay alive. For me. I'm begging you, please..."

"I-Ill try..."

"Thank you.."

Nate's POV

I was hugging Mat around the waist, my head buried into his neck. He chuckled, and kissed my cheek.

"You're really touchy feely today," he tells me, and I shrugged.

"It's hard not to be around you," I responded cheekily, and he laughed.

"Hey, lovebirds, I got a favor," Mark says, walking over. I pulled away from Mat, and looked at him. His eyes were puffy, like he had been crying.

"What up?" I asked. He shook his head. "Since Sophia's in no condition to go, and I know Jack wants to stay with her-"

"What happened to Sophia?" Mat asked. I looked Mark.

"She...." Mark looked down.

"She cut herself... but went really deep, and yea.." I told him. He looked down, and nodded.

"O-ok.."

"So, anyways I need you two to replace them on the run this morning..." he continued, and looked back up. I nodded.

"We'll go," I replied, and gave Mark a quick hug. "By the way, it's not your fault.." he shook his head. Mat gave me a look, and I shook my head. 'Later', I mouthed. He nods, and looks at Mark.

"When are we going?" Mat asks.

"Right now. Robert, Felix, me, you two, Phil, Dan, and Sarah are going," he replied. I nodded, and stood by Mat. He grabbed my hand, and we followed Mark to a truck.