Ninteen

I didn't want Mark to see the tears falling from my eyes, so I didn't wipe them away. Mark didn't seem to take notice. He also didn't move from that spot.

"Scream at me. Run away. Talk to me. Kill me. I don't care, just do something." Mark sighs. I faced him.

"What am I supposed to say? You killed people. Way to go? Why the fuck did you do it? Do you even care? Should I kill you? Will Sophia kill you? What am I supposed to say, Mark? Are you gonna kill me too?" I wiped the knife on my jeans, and stuck it into my belt.

"I don't know.."

"Well, think of something. Because, she's out there, and it's not helping by us just standing here." I snapped. He shrugged, and walked past me. I followed, looking at the fresh footprints he made, and the semi old ones Sophia made.

"There's a dead thing up there, I think she killed it." He says, and I nodded in agreement after seeing the rotter on the ground. Except, it wasn't a rotter. It was a person. Or a fresh dead one. Either way, he looked like he was human.

"Mark, you're a great leader." I remark, and look around. "I want you to stay leader, and Wade probably agrees. He was probably drunk or high when he locked her in that closet...." I added the last part with I little laugh.

"I hope so.. Poor Robert is probably taking care of him right now." He chuckled.

"Yeap." I agreed, and saw a small tent. I motioned for Mark to keep quiet, and slowly walked that way. I could hear quiet, almost silent whimpering, and knew it was her.

I unzipped the tent, and a small figure jumped, and raised a gun. I threw my hands up, and said, "Sophia, it's me."

I recognized her face, tear stained, and beautiful.

"J-Jack?" She gasped out. I saw blood all over her hands, and gasped.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed, seeing a lot of blood on her stomach and shirt.

"Help m-me.." she pleaded, her hand returning to her stomach.

"What the hell happened?" I entered the tent, and sat next to her. She shook her head, and looked down.

"I was st-stabbed... Jack, it h-hurts so bad.." she gasps again, and fell forward some. Mark ran over, and peered in.

"Oh fuck.." he mummerd. "Can you move your hand away for a second?" He asked gently, stepping into the already cramped tent. She moved her hands away, and moved up. Mark gulped, and lifted her shirt up a little bit. I had to look away, not wanting to see the blood. "The knife didn't go in too deep, so that's good. It looks like it went in a little farther then a few bandages, but probably won't need stitches..... it hurts like a bitch, don't it?" She nodded, and Mark pulled away.

We helped her out, and we all slowly walked away. Mark picked her up bridal style though, and I walked in front for a second.

"We'll help you.." I whispered. She had her eyes closed, but nodded.

Sophia's POV

I felt like utter, and complete death. Jack was mummering soothing words as Mark carried me, but I couldn't focus. All I could focus on, was the pain.

After what seemed like hours, we reached the building. I felt the pain on my side intensify.

"Jack...." I mummerd, reaching my hand out. He grabbed it, and kissed the top.

"You're gonna be ok.. I promise.." he says.

We walked into the doors, and I lifted my head from Marks chest. I looked around, and saw nobody.

Jack walked into a separate room as Mark set me down on his cot.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so damn sorry.. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for making you keep so many secrets..." Mark was mummering. I nodded, and said,

"Mark, it's fine."

Jacks POV

I ran into the next room, looking for medical supplies. I looked around until I saw Robert, who's back was facing me, and leaning in a corner.

"Rob, ya know where the medical stuff is? Sophia's been hurt.." I waited for a response.

I walked up, and grabbed his shoulder, and spun him around. His body fell on mine, making me fall and scream. I pushed him off, and he fell beside me. I looked at his head.

There was a stab wound in his side, and blood was pouring out at a heavy pace, covering my shirt. I screeched, and stood up, backing away.

My breath stopped as I felt hands wrap around my neck from behind. I tried screaming, but nothing came out.

Mark came running in. He stopped and saw Roberts body. He gasped, and looked up at me, and the person holding my throat. My first thought was Wade.

My face felt tight, and I couldn't hear well.

Whoever it was, Mark ripped his gun out, and shot.

Their hands fell away, and I gasped for breath. I fell to my knees next to Roberts, hopefully not dead body, and screamed again.

The person screamed, louder then me, and I assumed Mark didn't hit their head.

I turned to see a female about my age gripping her chest.

Wade wasn't here. It wasn't Wade who Mark shot. Which made me wonder, if it came down to it, would he?

He... that girl..I recognized her as the girl we say when me, Mark, and Sophia went to look for Wade.

"How the fuck did you get in?!" Mark screamed at her.

"W-Wade let us in.."

"Us?" I questioned. My breath hitched.

"Hiding.. we're hiding in the b-building." She stammers, blood running down from her chest, pooling beneath her.

I heard another shot, and watched the bullet plummet through her head, causing her to fall forward, her limp body basically folding in half.

"I'm going to puke." I put my hand on my mouth, and ran into a different room.

--

So.. Woah. People read this shitty fan fiction? lmao.