Sixty Eight

Jack's arms were wrapped around me, and I didn't move. His breath hit the back of my neck, and was steady, drawing sleep closer to me.

"You awake?" He asks gently. I nodded, and yawned. His thumb ran across my cheek gently. "I love you," he mumbled into my neck. His hand traveled down my stomach. His fingers ran over a few of the cuts.

"Jack..." I say, looking at him. He looked down at me, and sighed.

"I had a friend who cut. He has seven scars on his stomach. From when he was eight and his parents did it to him. He was thirty when he showed me them. These won't go away," he tells me. I bit my lip, and looked away. "But it's ok. I'm going to help you get better. No more cutting."

"I'll try..." I say. "You should have just left me out here, Jack... I just weigh you guys down..."

"No. Baby, I love you... never would I want you gone..." I looked at his eyes again, and sighed. Love was filled in them. I kissed him gently. He smiled.

"You're dyeing your hair when we get back. Green."

"Ok," he mumbled, and kissed me. I kissed back, and felt his hand tug at my shirt.

"In a tent?" I breathed out. He nodded, and chuckled.

"Didn't I take your virginity in a tent?" He asked. I nodded, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yea, ya did," I say. He stuffed his face into my neck, and kissed around. The slight hair on his chin and above his top lip made me feel even more pleasure. I wrapped my fingers into his hair, and tugged him back up to my lips.

*****

That was a week ago.

Today, I wish I could have gone back.

Because this weeks even hell. How Jack's been ok is amazing.

Rob fucking dies, and he's calm? He's got all his shit together?

When I thought that wasn't enough, Negan decided that Rob wasn't enough.

Which was when Marks head met up with Lucille.

I could still hear the scream that came from Jack.

After that, Jack lost his shit.

Rob died Monday, and Mark died Thursday.

And now, we were walking back to camp, carrying our friends bodies so we could give them a proper burial.

I hadn't talked. Jack blamed me. I know he did. He won't talk to me. He doesn't even look at me. He blames me for Marks death.

I hugged my jacket closer as I carried Marks body on my back.

"I'm sorry...." I say, my voice cracking. No reply. I didn't bother talking after that.

~~~~

I grabbed Marks hand.

"I promise not to let him hurt you...." Mark whispered. I nodded, and heard Negan walking our way.

The next thing I say, his bat was coming down on my head.

But Mark had shoved me, taking the blow.

~~~

"Jack, I know it's my fault... please talk to me.." no reply.

I wiped away tears from my face. My breath wouldn't calm. I could feel my heartbeat increasing.

I couldn't breath.

I dropped Mark, and started to cough, trying to catch my breath.

Panic attack.

I breathed heavier, and cried out as I grabbed my shirt in my fists. I felt tears stream down my face as I struggled to catch my breath.

But Jack grabbed Marks body and walked away.

I couldn't breath easily. At all.

"H..." I managed before letting out a a cry of pain. I doubled over.

I wanted to puke.

And I felt dizzy.

Which just felt great as darkness took over.