Sixty One

I was crying as I ran into Marks room. I buried my face into his chest, wrapping my arms tightly around him. Every thing seemed to slow down as I looked down at him.

He gave me a painful smile, and hugged me back. I kissed his cheek, in a friendly way.

"Oh my god, Mark, you scared the shit out of me," I said, and heard him chuckle.

"I told him to take it easy. He'll be staying in here for a few days." Yolyne walks in, beaming. "I'm glad you're ok, Mark," she adds, handing him an apple.

"I'll get Jack, ok?" I said. He grabbed my arm.

"Wait, I need to talk to you.." he says.

"I'll get Jack," Yolyne says, walking away. I looked at Mark.

"What's wrong?"

"Y-you.. I didn't say sorry yet-"

"What?"

"I shouldn't have left you alone..." he says. I shook my head.

"Don't blame yourself, Mark.. you don't deserve that sorta shit.." I said. He looks down.

"You forgive me?" He asks.

"If you were to blame, I would. But you're not to blame," I say, and grab his hand. He nods.

Jack ran in, his blue eyes sparkling with delight.

"M-Mark?" He stuttered, stopping completely. I smiled, and pulled away from Mark.

"Hey, I'll leave you guys be. I'll see ya later, Jack," I said. He nods, and rushed over to Marks side.

I walked around, heading home, when Phil stops me.

"Hey. Me and Nate are going on a run. Wanna come?" He asks. I shrugged.

"Yea. I gotta get Sarah and Rob to watch Hunter. Where are we gonna meet?"

"At a car by the gate," he says, and waves me off.

I jogged over to the house, and ran up to our room. Hunter was playing with a toy car.

I picked him up, and his grip tightened on the toy.

"Hey there, Hunter.." I muttered to the ten month year old kid. His blue eyes looked into mine, and his mouth turned into a smile. I kissed the top of his head. "Damn I love you..." I whispered, and started walking out the door. His head leaned onto my shoulder, and he played threw the car down. I chuckled, and picked it up, placing it in my pocket.

"Momma.." I heard him mutter.

"Thats r- wait, what?!" I yelled, bringing his face from my shoulder.

"Momma!" He yells, plopping his head back down. I hugged him tightly, and walked to Sarah's.

"He said his first word!" I yelled when Sarah opened the door. She smiled. "And I hafta go. Could you watch him for a bit?" I asked. She nodded, and I handed him over.

I jogged over to where Phil said to go, and and entered the car.

Nate was in it.

My blood ran cold as I looked at him. His brown eyes looked into my green one's until he looked away.

"Thats the same look I've been getting from everyone.." he says sadly. I bit my lip. "He strapped Mat. I was an- why do I even try explaining? Not like anyone listens..."

"I'm listening," I said softly. He looked up at me.

"Mat.. I love him to death.... and use regret doing that to Mark.. I shouldn't have, and I feel like shit. I just wish it was me who got stabbed instead.." he trails off. "Mat won't let me anywhere near him.. he stays locked up in ou- his room. I bring him food daily, but he barely eats any of it..." I leaned over, and hugged him.

"Oh, Nate.. he'll come around.." I say, pulling away. He shrugged. "And hey, if you got stabbed, what's to say Mat wouldn't have killed Mark?" I asked.

"You're right.." he says, and looks down.

"Alrighty, I told Jack we'd be leaving, so... let's go!" Phil says, hopping into the front seat.

And we started driving.

---

"We're fucking lost."

"No we're not."

"Really? Then where are we?"

"I guess... we're lost."

"Damnit.." Nate says. I closed my eyes for a second.

"Who made the map?"

"Ryan and Matt.. why?" Phil asks.

"Because.. Gareth said we had a traitor in our group... and look around..." I motioned around us. "Just so happens we're lost.."