Thirty Eight

"Hey, Mark!" I yelled. He turned his attention our way.

"Not now," Jack whined, and gripped my arm.

"Yes now," I told him, and felt him pull away.

"I ain't staying for it," Jack says. "I'll meet you there," he yells, and runs off. I bit my lip.

"Hey! I see you guys are coming," he tells me. I nodded.

"I uh, have an important favor for you. But you can't tell anyone I asked," I say. He shrugs. "I need you.. to.. go on a run.. and get me.. a p-pregnancy test.." I stammered. His smile faded.

"What?" He asks, narrowing his eyes.

"Please?" I questioned. His eyes widened.

"Y-you are pregnant?"

"No. Yes. I don't know. Why else would you think I would ask you to get me the test?"

"Sorry, just..." he trailed off. "Yea, sure, I'll get it," he adds, shaking his head. "Lets go."

"O-ok."

"Does Jack know?" He asks. I nodded.

"Yea. I told him I was late, and yea.. He didn't freak..." I stopped walking. "Mark, I feel like an idiot. Why would I do anything without protection? I'm such a fucking idiot-"

"No you're not. You just didn't think about it. But listen, if you are, and you guys don't want it, I can get.. pills.. for it.." he trailed off. I chuckled.

"Thanks, Mark," I say, and hugged him. He smiled.

"No problem."

--

I was leaning on Jack, when Phil walked over.

"Hey! You want some wine you two?" He asks, holding two glasses out. I was about to when Jack shook his head.

"No thanks," he says. Phil nods, and walks away. That's when something hit me.

"J-Jack?" I say. He looks at me with so much love in his eyes. So much love, something up hadn't seen in someone for a very long time.

"What is it, love?" He asks. My gut tingles at the nickname.

"At the party, I-I drank. I drank wine. A lot. Jack, I am so fucking stupid," I sobbed, and pushed my face into his chest. "If I am pregnant, I fucked it up," tears welled in my eyes, and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Look at me," he tells me. I looked up, "You're not stupid, and you didn't fuck it up. You didn't know then, and you wouldn't now that you know. I love you, and seeing you upset makes me feel horrible. I'm sorry if you feel stupid, or anything, but you're not.." he mummerd, one arm going over my shoulders. "I promise you're not," he adds, kissing the top of my head.

That's when I saw Dan and Phil kiss. Right in front of the fire. I bit my lip, and sighed. Poor Sarah... she would be heartbroken.

"Hey!" I heard Rob yell. "If it wasn't for Jack and Sophia, and Mark, I wouldn't be here right now. So, in honor, I was thinking we could have Nate sing us a song or two," he cheers. Nate's face turned red.

"Ok.. I could sing Mangled..." he trailed off. He cleared his throat, and looked up.

"We're back! Revamped! The madness never ends! We're not, alone, this time we brought some friends! No doors, no hope!" And he continued with the song. I listened, admiring his voice. People started to sing along, including me.

"Now you're running outta power, leave you Mangled in one tangled way!"

After he was done, he sang I'd Love to Break it to you.

That's when Sarah stood.

"Now, I got a song for a special someone I like, but haven't had the chance to talk to about it," she looked at Robert, and cleared her breath.

"The stars lean down to kiss you

And I lie awake and miss you

Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

'Cause I'll dose off safe and soundly

But I'll miss your arms around me

I'll send a post card to you dear

'Cause I wish you were here

I'll watch the night turn blue

But it's not the same without you

Because it takes two to whisper quietly

The silence isn't so bad

'Til I look at my hands and feel sad

'Cause the space between my fingers

Are right where yours fit perfectly

I'll find repose in new ways

Though I haven't slept in days

'Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone

But drenched in Vanilla Twilight

I'll sit on the front porch all night

Waist deep in thought because when

I think of you I don't feel alone

I don't feel so alone

As many times as I blink

I'll think of you tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight.

When violet eyes get brighter

And heavy wings grow lighter

I'll taste the sky and feel alive again

And I'll forget the world I knew

But I swear I won't forget you

Oh if my voice could reach back through the past

I'd whisper in your ear:

Oh Darling, I wish you were here" and Sarah pulled Rob to his feet, and looked at him. "I really like you, Robert," she says, gazing into his eyes. He kissed her, and everyone cheered.

I cheered, and held Jacks hand. He smiled, and kissed me.

So far, everything was good.

And I hoped it stayed that way.