Seventy Two

"Please eat something.." Jack whispered. I shook my head, and wiped my eyes. "Please.."

"N-no..." I stuttered. He wiped my eyes as new tears fell from them. I hugged him. "Jack, it's my fault.. I should have just gone with Negan and..."

"And let him kill you? Baby, you know I wouldn't allow that.." I felt more tears fill my eyes.

"I love you too much, and I swear I don't deserve you.." I say. I kissed his lips. He chuckled.

"Well then I don't deserve you. There, we don't deserve each other, how about that? Now we're perfect for each other!" He cheered. I smiled, and sighed. "Now, how about some dinner?" I shrugged. He smiled, and kissed the top of my head. "I'll be back up in a few minutes with food, ok? You want Hunter or not?" I shook my head. He nodded, and pulled away. I already missed him.

He hopped downstairs, and I bolted for the bathroom.

I grabbed the pills, and downed four.

I put them back, and struggled back to bed. I flopped down, and laid on my side.

A few minutes later, I heard footsteps.

Jack came in, a bowl in hands. He was blowing on it, probably cooling it down.

"Here you go, hun.. I made Ramen Noodles, and there's strawberries in a bowel downstairs. I'll be right back."

"Ok.." I say. He kissed my cheek. I waited for him to come back.

"Here ya go..." he says, giving me the small dish. I took it, and started to eat it. "Eat it slowly. You don't want to get a stomach ache, baby." I nodded, and took a few bites of noodles. He kissed the top of my head.

"For the apocalypse, we have a lot of food," I remarked. He smiled, and shrugged.

"Yea.. well, we do. I don't know how, but we just do." I smirked, and continued to eat.

******

"Jack?" I asked, wiping the rest of the counter clean. He faced me, a smile on his face.

"Yea?" He replied. I pointed at the calender. A specific date was circled.

"This?"

"This-" he walked over, and points at the circle.  "-marks the day we got married."

"Oh, Jack...." my face flushed in embarrassment. "I feel like a lousy wife. I forgot-"

"Tsk. You're not lousy. You've been busy. Well, I mean, getting shot twice.. losing people, you think I blame you?" He asks, placing his hands on my hips.

"You should. I should have done something."

"We cleaned the whole house. You don't call that enough?" He asked. I shrugged.

The pills had started to wear off.

"I hafta pee. I'll be right back," I said, practically running upstairs.

I quickly took two, and threw them back in place.

I hopped downstairs, and jumped on Jack, a rush of energy flowing through me like adrenaline. He gasped, falling backwards onto the counter. He laughed, and leaned up to kiss me. I met him halfway, and smiled.

"Jackaboy, I have an idea. How about, we stop cleaning, and-" I jumped off him. "-you can fuck me senseless. Deal?" He smiled, and scooped me up into his arms.

"Oh, it's always a deal," he says, and takes me upstairs. I smiled, and kissed him on the way up.

He instantly pushed me on the bed, and smirked as I bounced slightly.

*****

Yolyne came over about thirty minutes after.. uh.. we had fun. We'll call it that.

"Uh.. I don't think there's an easy way to tell you guys this.." she starts. I felt my smile drop, as well as my heart.

"He's dead, isn't he?" She looked away.

"I couldn't save Dan.. there was no possible way he was going to survive six gun shot wounds.." I nodded, and closed my eyes.

"How's Mark?" I asked. She bit her lip.

"He's.. not well.. I'd give him maybe a week. And then, the blood loss will take over, and he won't be able.. you get the point.." she says. I nodded.

"I don't want this to seem rude, but I hafta tell Jack, if you could-"

"No, no, I get it. I'll see you later, alright?" I nodded.

I walked upstairs, literally feeling empty.

"Jack?" I called out. He wasn't in our bed. I had my head down. I walked in the bathroom. He was there, but I didn't look at him. "Dan's dead..."

"What the hell are these? And why is this more then halfway empty?" My attention shot up. He was holding a pill bottle.

My pill bottle.