Forty Seven

I opened my eyes for the first time that evening. I saw Mark and Felix in the room, bouncing something up and down.

"Hey there kid.." Mark whispered. "Your mommy is gonna proud as fuck of ya."

"Hey, you're awake," I heard Felix say. I smiled, and nodded. Mark got up, and walked over.

"Hey, you spewed a kid from your stomach. Wanna hold him?" He laughed lightly. My face brightened, and I reached my arms up. He handed me the kid, and I wanted to cry. He was so cute.. and tiny..

"Hello there, Hunter.." I cooed, and kissed his head. I looked up. "Is Jack ok?" I asked. Felix nods.

"Yea. He's supposed to wake up today," he says. I nodded, and looked back down, and touched his tiny hand.

Hunter was adorable. His puffy cheeks. His fat little arms and legs. I loved him already.

"The baby is ok? He isn't going to like, die or anything, right?" I asked, looking up. Mark nods.

"He's a healthy little fucker. And, you shouldn't be walking, but I can help you to Jack's room," Mark says. I nodded, and Felix reached for the baby. I handed him over, and Mark helped me up.

He helped me walk to Jack's room.

The green haired Irishman was laid on a bed. His eyes were closed, and his pale chest was revealed. A gunshot was on his side.

"We'll leave you two alone.." Mark says once he helped me into the chair, and Felix gave me Hunter. I nodded. "I'll go and get one of those milk bottles from Sarah and Rob," Mark adds. Felix nodded, and they closed the door.

Hunters eyes opened, and looked up. His blue eyes pierced into my green ones. He was smaller then I thought... which added to my new list on, "How adorable he is".

I looked at Jack, and moved a piece of yellow hair from his face. I felt tired, and sore, but I also felt excited and hopeful.

"Hey, Jack. Hunter's ok.. you're ok.." I mummerd, kissing Hunter's chubby hand. His eyes opened again, but they stayed open. "Hey, Hunter, that's your dad," I say, propping him up on my leg, him facing Jack. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you happy and alive, baby." I kissed his cheek again.

"Mmmm..." I heard something hum. I looked over, and saw Jack's eyes blinking open.

"Jack?" I whispered. His head turned my way. He bit his lip.

"Sophia..?" He mumbled, his voice slightly deeper.  I nodded. "Is that Hunter?"

"Yeap.. wanna hold him?" I asked, and he nodded, pulling himself up in a sitting position. I stood from my chair, and carefully placed Hunter in his arms. "So, what happened?" I asked. He bounced Hunter up, and looked to his right.

"Umm... well, I remember Mark and Nate were walking with me, and Dan was ahead. We stumbled across this group of three, no, four people. The one almost shot Mark, but I remember shoving him out of the way. It hurt until about ten minutes from here, which was when I passed out I assume," he says. "My my my, you're a precious little guy, aren't ya?" His voice raised as he spoke to Hunter. I smiled, and looked at the baby in his arms. "What happened while I passed out?" He asks.

"Well, Nate came over and told me you were shot. I got here, and then my water broke. A life spewed from me, and I passed out. I woke up, and Mark and Felix were in my room. Mark handed me the kid, and helped me in here," I say, getting up and sitting by him in his bed.

He held the kid up, the baby's feet barley touching his stomach.

"He's so fucking adorable," Jack says, rubbing his cheek. I smiled, and reached up, holding the kids hand.