Fifty Six

Jack's POV

I sat in the chair, gazing down at her unmoving body.

She was so pale. Her lips stood out, but she was so pale. And cold. Her touch felt cold, barley any heat coming off. She doesn't fucking deserve this. She doesn't, didn't, and never will. Why does she, of all people, hafta be here? Why can't it be someone else? Why can't it be me?

And all I could feel was sadness. I was such a fucking idiot. I should have been there. I shouldn't have sent Mark, I should have man upped, and stayed with her.

"I love you.." I mumbled, grabbing her hand. I felt tears roll down my cheeks, and wiped them away. "So fucking much.. please wake up.. I need you with me.. Hunter needs you.. I want you. Damnit, you're like a fucking drug, and I have a horrible addiction.. please just get up.... you don't deserve this..."

"J... Jack?" I heard her voice. My attention snapped up to her face, and let out a cry of happiness. My arms were around her in seconds. "I-I... I didn't m-mean to cut s-o deep, I didn't try committing suicide, I pro-" I cut her off.

"We're not talking about that right now, love." I wiped away tears falling down her face. She nods, and hugs me.

"I'm just sorry.."

"I know, baby... I know.." I mummerd. "And I took care of him... you won't hafta deal with that shitface again.."

"What did you do?"

"It doesn't matter," I replied. She couldn't know. At least not right now. She nods, and closes her eyes.

"How mad is everyone?"

"Nobody's mad.. except for Mark. He's mad at himself.." I mumbled.

"Jack, I love you.." she whispered, looking up at me. Tears filled my eyes as I looked back down.

"W-w-what if you..." I couldn't even finish my sentence as I broke down in tears. "I couldn't live with myself, Soph, I don't want to fucking live with that.." I sputtered out, and stood up. She looked down.

"Jack.... I-Im sorr-"

"Just... just stop..." I said. She bit her lip, and sank lower in the covers. "How the hell would Hunter feel if he knew his mom straight up left him?"

"Jack, I didn't fucking try committing suicide! Goddamnit!" She yells, tears streaming down her face as she pushed the covers off her. I ran a hand through my yellow floof of hair, and bit the inside of my cheek. "I love you too much to do that..." she adds quietly. I looked up.

"I'm sorry I snapped. I know you didn't.. I'm just such a fucking idiot for letting you-"

"I'm a big girl, Jack. You don't need to be there for me twenty four seven," she tells me.

"What if I want to be there twenty four seven?" I asked, facing her. "I want to be. I want to make you smile, make you laugh, make you happy, and keep you happy. And I don't want you alone. I don't want you hurt, scared, feel like you're not good enough, or anything like that." More tears from both of us.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered. I walked over, and laid next to her. Her arms instantly wrapped around my chest, and I held her close.

"Don't apologize.. it's not your fault, it's his," I say gently. She nods, and leans her head on my shoulder. "Get some rest. I'll still be here," I tell her, and she nods. I kissed the top of her head gently before I fell asleep.