Seventeen

Me and Jack stayed up there for awhile. We had laid down, him pulling me close to his chest.

"Ya know, I was thinking, we should go on a run tomorrow... I think, when Wade wakes up, seeing you had helped out your group.." he trailed off. I softly laughed, and replied,

"Yea, let's." I felt really tired, and Jack made no movement to show we should go back.

"You wanna stay here for the night? I don't think it's gonna rain." He asks, and I nodded.

"I'm tired." I tell him, and closed my eyes. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and brought me up closer. I rested my head on his neck, and wrapped my arms around him. "You're good at cuddling." I mummerd. He laughed, and said,

"I'm the best!"

"I didn't say that. I said you're good at cuddling. I'M the best." I inform him, and he laughed.

"Oh, you wish."

"No, you wish, because I'm a better cuddler." I rolled my eyes, and yawned.

"Fine." He says.

--

I woke to Jack holding me. This was.. different for me.

I looked at his non moving eyes, and sighed. I didn't think about Mark and Robert or anyone, and what they would think, considering we weren't there at all last night.

"Jack." I shook him, and mummerd his name a few times. He groaned, and blinked open his eyes a few times. I smiled, and stood up

"Feels so damn early." He complains, standing up. I stretched my arms, and nodded.

"Yea." I agree. "But Mark and them are probably worried."

"True. When we go back down, can I sleep?" He asks eagerly. I let out a laugh, and nodded.

"Sure, Jack." I tell him, and yawn. "I think I'm gonna do that too. I'm tired."

So, we walked down the ladder, and back into the building. I'll probably never forget the amazing view, and always be thankful I met someone like Jack.

But I know the whole apocalypse can't be based on me and Jack, and I know that. Jack's a big part of it for me, but I can't be just focused on him, and him only. Last night was fun, but I needed to focus on the present stuff. I haven't even killed any dead one's since I came here, which either ticks me off, or makes me happy.

And, I know my sister isn't dead. As young as she was, being 10 the last time I saw her, she was smart. If she met up with anyone, I know she would have been smart about it. She was alive, and I was going to find her.

"Hey, you ok?" Jack asked. My attention was pulled back to reality, and I nodded. We walked down, and into a room with guns.

We walked around the building, until we found Mark. Mark looked angry, and mad.

"Where the fuck have you two been?! We've been looking for you both non fucking stop!" He screams. I flinched, and shrugged.

"Hey, we're going for a run." Jack said, I nodded in agreement, and walked over to my bag, and looked in. I pulled out my gun, and the family picture fell out. I saw my family, and my breath hitched.

"Who's that?" Mark asked, dropping the whole subject. "Oh, that's you-" he stopped talking. His eyes filled with tears. "Hazel.." he mummerd.

"Who?" Jack asked, walking over.

"You knew Hazel?" He asked, looking at me. I cocked my head, and he pointed at Jaime. I shook my head.

"No, that's my sister Jamie." I say. He shakes his head, and Jack looked.

"Oh my god, it is Hazel." He mummers. I was confused.

"No... her name is Jamie." I say slowing. Then, realization struck me. "No.. you're wrong..."

"No.. that's Hazel. I remember her clear as- oh my fucking God.." he says. I felt tears in my eyes.

"You killed my sister.. my only living relative.." I managed to say.

"I didn't know!" He yelled. I ran for the door, and burst outside. I heard them running, and yelling after me, but I didn't care.