Seventy Four

"It hurts, Jack... he doesn't r-remember me at all. He doesn't remember!" I yelled. Jack looked down at me, pity in his eyes.

"He'll remember.. eventually. Look, you're too great of a person to forget. Mark will remember you...." I shook my head, and let my face fall into his chest. He sighed. "Baby, he won't-"

"J-Jack, he doesn't remember me. That's all there is to it. I'll see you later, I hafta go.. I'm just going to take care of Hunter.."

"No, we're going to get Mark to remember you. I'll send Yolyne to get him. We can talk to Mark, and try to get him to remember, alright?"

"And if not? Who's gonna take over? Nate?"

"Probably. Nate's a good guy. A little... ambitious, but a good guy."

"Ok.. but we don't tell him about who he killed.. he could restart and have no guilt.." he nodded, and I followed him into the house again.

"Mark.." I whispered. He looked up.

"Hey, uh.."

"Sophia.." Jack says, sitting in a chair. "Yolyne! Can you get Hunter for us?" He calls. She nods.

I took a shaky breath, and sat down.

"Do you remember me? At all?" Mark shook his head. "Nothing?" He sighed.

"I'm sorry.. I'm trying, but I have no idea who you are..." Mark says.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Jack asked. Mark looked up.

"Umm.. us driving out to my house."

"Ok.. that's not too bad.." Jack mummerd, and tapped his foot.

Nate burst in, and looked down at Mark.

"Hey, Nate. What are you doing here? You're not dead?" Nate gave us a questioning look. I looked away, and Jack sighed.

"He lost his memory."

"I'm confused. He got shot in the stomach, how'd he end up losing his memory?" Nate asks.

"I have no idea. But thanks to Yolyne, he's ok.."

"No, he's not ok," I snapped. "He doesn't remember me at all. And this is a waste of time. He should never have came after me when I went to kill Negan. Maybe then Negan wouldn't have recognized hi-"

"Negan?" He echoed. I nodded. "What's he look like?"

"Um.. he's got a beard thingy, and he's got blue eyes. And he's got a b-" Mark cut me off.

"Baseball bat with barbed wire.." Mark finished. I nodded without thinking.

"Wait, Mark, you remember?" Jack asks. I smiled as I looked up.

"Kinda.." he replied. "I remember yelling at him, and someone dying.."

"Yea.. he almost killed me, but he killed Matpat." Nate looked away. I stood up, and wrapped my arms around his waist. He hugged me back.

"Yea.. me and Mat were together.." Nate says. I looked at Mark.

"You and Felix.. got together. But, he got bit..." he froze.

"Felix is dead?" He asks. I nodded, pulling away from Nate. He looked up, and sighed.

"I don't wanna be r-rude, but can I have time to my-"

"Yea, Mark. We get it. We can come by later.." Jack said, grabbing my hand. I sighed, and started off without him.

"Sophia, wait," Jack says, grabbing my hand once we were outside. "Mark loves you like a sister. Maybe even like a daughter. He can't completely forget you."

"Yes he can.. and it's fine. I wouldn't be surprised if you eventually gave me up, and forgot about me," I replied. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why would I forget you? I fucking love you, baby.." he says, spinning me around to face him. I tried pulling away. "You love me too, right?" He asks. I nodded my head.

"I do love you, but I don't feel good enough to be with you.."

"Look, I fucking love you. And I don't see myself better then you. You deserve me as much as I deserve you."

"That's not true.. you don't deserve me. You deserve someone so much better then me-"

He smashed his lips against mine. His arms wrapped around my waist. I pulled away, but his arms remained on my waist. He kissed my neck, and I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"J-Jack, n-not here- ahh.." I moaned out as he bit down on my sweet spot.

"Baby, I love you. And you deserve me. And I deserve you.." I hugged him around his neck. "I don't make you feel loved enough, do I?" He asks.

"Yes you do. I'm just a selfish bitch-"

"No, no you're not. And I swear to god, if anyone denies that, I'll beat the ever loving shit of them." I looked up at him.

"I love you, Jack.."

"I love you too.." he says, kissing my lips.

******

"So, Mark made some progress," Jack says. I shrugged. Hunter came wobbling in, standing on his knees. I picked him up, and kissed the top of his head.

"Hungry!" He yells, grabbing my hair.

"I'll be back," I tell Jack. He sighs, and grabs Hunter from me. I sighed, and reached for him.

"Let me take care of the little shite." I shook my head.

"I got it-"

"No, you can just sit here. And wait for me. I'll be back."

I sighed, and kissed his cheek.

Jack really does make the ideal husband. I love him, a lot. And I don't fear anymore that he.. I don't even know.

He came up, holding a bottle between Hunter's lips.

I got up, and hugged him. He looked down, confused.

"I love you, Jack.."