Eighty Three

\Shit load of editing, cuz fuck my actual face./

I sighed, and fluffed his hair up, again.

"Stop putting it down, Jack. It looks good fluffed."

"It's really dark green. I thought it'd be lighter..." he mumbled.

"It looks great. And it'll probably become lighter," I tell him. He groaned, and kissed me. I smirked, and pulled away. "Mark wants me to his place. I think he's going to tell me he wants to be leader again."

"You're perfect for the job," Jack says, and kisses the top of my head. "I love you, baby.." he says, and pulls away.

"Love ya too. I'll be back soon," I say. He nods, and walks into the living room to play with Hunter. "Gotta wash your hair first, Jack." He groans, and literally stomps up the stairs. I giggled, and walked outside.

I found Mark at the steps of his house, and he waved me over.

"I already know what this is about, Mark."

"And what's it about then?"

"How you want to be leader again. And I'm not going to argue. You're a better leader."

"Really? I was gonna say the opposite. You've got people on runs, preparing for a fight that I put off over and over," he tells me, and ruffles my hair. "Congratulations kid, you're the leader of the whole group."

"Really?" I asked excitedly. He nods, and I threw my arms around him. He chuckles, and I smiled. "But you're going to help me."

"What about Nate?" He asks. I sighed. "Nope. I wanna back off and let you two handle everything."

"Ok.... Mark, I can't believe you're ok.. it's like a fucking dream, and in any second, I'm gonna wake up..."

"Well, I'm here to stay." I nodded, and hugged him again. "Now. You better start organizing our fight strategy," he says. "Nate's inside." I nodded eagerly, and bolted inside.

"Hey," Nate says calmly. I could see a grin on his face though. "How are we going to take on Negan?"

"Well, we have the other two groups on our side. Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom. Maybe even some OceanSide people. And the Garbage people. They agreed to help if we gave them guns."

"That's true. I've already got in touch with them. Hope you don't mind, but they're on their way here. Rick and Ezekiel already moved into the same place. I was wondering if they could come here. We have enough space-"

"That's a good idea!" I exclaimed.

****

"Weird way to honor them..." Jack mummerd as he brought the sharpie to my face again. I shrugged, and smiled. "Keep a straight face. I hafta do this to thirty more people. And Mark has a shit load of people. I'm gonna keep fucking up if you don't stop moving."

"Sorry," I chuckled, making sure I didn't move my face.

After a few more seconds, I stepped back, and looked at the mirror.

"Looks great, Jack. I'll go get Hunter."

"I still can't believe EVERYONE agreed on this."

"Same," I say, looking in the mirror again.

I was watching an old video of Dan and Phil's. They had black on their nose, and three lines on each cheek. That gave me an idea.

If we were fighting Negan's group today, we should honor them.