Forty Four

"We're going to be ok.." Jack whispered, and rubbed my shoulder. I shook my head, and hugged him.

"N-no... no we're not.. Jack, my daughter is dead.. I didn't even give birth, and s-sh-she died.." I mummerd, "what did I do wr-wrong, Jack?" I asked, tears falling from my face. He shakes his head.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing.. everything you've done has been perfect... d-don't blame yourself.." he tells me, and rubs my shoulder gently. He then moves me gently on my back, and pulls my shirt up. "But, this baby needs you to be strong- Hunter needs you. You haven't eaten in days.. so, I'm making you something to eat," he says. I shake my head, and felt his hand slide over my stomach, rubbing his thumb over a random part of my skin.

"N-no. I can't eat.. I can't get any food down.." I told him, and held his hand.

"You're going to eat. I don't care. If you throw it up, throw it up, but I need you to be strong. I want you to be strong.." he pulls me into a hug. I nodded, and felt him pull away. "I'll be back," he tells me. I nodded.

"W-wait, Jack, what if he comes out differently? L-like if he was blind o-or deaf.." I asked, reaching for his hand. He held my hand.

"Then we'll love him just as much," he tells me, rubbing my. "I love you.. and I'll love the kid almost as much... just because Rose didn't make it, doesn't mean anything. Hunter will be perfectly ok.." he tells me, and kisses my hand. "And I love you.." he mummerd. I nodded, and let go. He held on momentarily before letting me go, and walking away. I sighed, and watched him.

Every time I thought about her, it made me upset. I wanted to spend time with her. I wanted to feel her in my arms. I want her to cry out. And I wanted to see her face.

"Hey.. hey.. it'll be alright.." Jack tells me, pulling me into a hug.

"M-maybe I'm to young to have kids, Jack.." I hugged him back with a hard grasp, and let out a sob.

"No, you're not.. and nothing will go wrong with Hunter.." he mummerd, and kisses my lips gently. I shake my head.

"B-but what if he dies? Dies like her?" I asked, tears bubbling in my eyes. He shook his head.

"I know he won't.. he's going to be the strongest little boy we're ever going to see," he says, placing a hand on my cheek.

"Sean.." I mummerd, tears falling down my face. "I love you, so fucking much. I wouldn't be able to get through this without you," I say, and dip my head on his shoulder. "I don't know what I did wrong, maybe i-" he covered my mouth.

"Woah Woah Woah. You think it's your fault?" He asks. I bit my lip, and nodded. He let out a breath, and closed his eyes. "Oh.. oh my fucking god.. it's not your fault. I hate myself for letting you think it's your fault. It's not.. baby, I promise you it's not.. it has nothing to do with you.. I promise. I have never been so fucking honest in my life, you are not to blame.." he tells me, opening his eyes which were full of tears. "Just because you miscarriaged does not mean you somehow did anything to harm our child, I promise. I love you so fucking much.." he trailed off, full blown crying. I hugged him back, crying just as hard.