Eighty

I gazed up at the sky, and sighed. I looked down at my gun, and took a deep breath as I heard the ladder shake.

"I can't believe you fucking did this," He grumbled, standing on the edge farthest away from me. I shook slightly.

"Well, if you would let me see my son, maybe I wouldn't hafta make you talk to me like this."

"Just because you're the leader, doesn't mean I'm going to listen." I looked at him angrily.

"You better start treating me with some respect, Jack. I'm in charge, whether you like it or not. So fuck you," I snapped, slapping his chest gently. I walked back to where I was standing.

My arms crossed, and I gazed out.

"Can I go now?" He asks.

"No. You will stay here all night," I say. He walked closer, and I felt a happy spark.

But I felt his hands on my arms, and a shove. I stumbled a few steps backwards.

"Enough respect?" He snaps, crossing his arms again. I gripped the railing, anger filling me.

"You bitch," I snapped, pushing him. He grabbed my arms, and pushed me, harder then before. I grabbed onto the ledge as I felt myself teeter on the edge. I stood away from it, and shoved him again.

Jack's POV

I felt anger flare through me. I gripped the handle on my knife tightly. I slapped her cheek, and shoved her against the wall. She looked at me, anger also in her eyes. Tears threatened to fall, and she grit her teeth.

She held her cheek, and had a few tears fall.

"You really do hate me, don't you?" She asks. More tears.

"You got my best friend killed. Maybe just a little," I snapped. She let more tears fall.

"I'm fucking sorry, Jack. I blame myself every fucking day. I love you, and I'm so fucking sorry. I got him killed. What in hell do you want me to do to make you love me again?!" Her voice got higher and higher as she yelled.

"Nothing! I don't fucking love you any more!"

"You don't just stop loving someone like that. I know you still fucking love me," she snaps. I clenched my teeth.

"What if I never loved you? What if I wanted you for sex?" I challenged. It was a lie. I did love her. Did.

"Then fuck you, Jack. I love you. I gave up nine months for your kid. For months at a time, one of us would go missing, and I'd feel this spark of happiness. So much joy, so much love, and you didn't feel the same."

I looked at her, and clenched my teeth.

"Ok, Jack. This is when I'd normally run away, but I'm taking care of a group. So either you kill me, or you leave." She pulled her gun out, and threw it on the ground below us. Then she handed me her knife. "Kill me. Tell the group that something happened." I threw her knife down.

"I'm not killing you," I say.

"Then you care?" She asks. I shook my head.

"No, I just don't need a knife," I snapped, grabbing her around the neck. She gasped, but didn't put up a fight. She struggled to breath as I held on tightly. I brought her to the edge of the rail, and felt her hand on my arms.

I let her go, and pulled away. She looked at me, and started coughing.

"Why didn't you finish me off?" She snaps, rubbing her neck. I didn't reply. She grabbed her gun, and knife. She put her gun away, and grabbed her knife. "Fine, Jack. Just sit here and watch me if you don't care. Because I'll either do it now, or later."

I watched her lift her shirt up. Her stomach revealed many more cuts then what I saw before. I bit my lip. I saw her push her knife against her skin.

Not even a second later, she pulled it back harshly. Blood started to come out. I bit my lip even harder, and heard her give out a muffled whimper. I gripped the rail harder. Another muffled whimper came out as she did it again. I felt tears in my eyes, and looked down. I heard another cut and whimper.

"Ok!" I yelled. I grabbed the knife from her hands. "I fucking get the point," I say. She grabbed it back.

"Well, Jack, you don't care. So let me cut myself. Go home."

"No. I'm not letting you cut yourself. I don't give a fuck if I love you or not, I'm not letting you do this." She looked up at me. "If you stop cutting, you can see Hunter. But we're not going to be together. Understand?" She didn't reply.

I took the ring I had on my finger, and gave it to her.

"Now, I can't leave Hunter for too much longer. Bye."