Forty

"Jack..." I said his name, and bit my lip.

"What?" He asks. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He basically repeats himself.

"Jack, I.. I took the tests," I said.

"And?"

"And..." that's when a flashback hit me. The night my mom told my dad and me about Jamie. I shuddered, and wished I could forget about it, because I had up until this point.

~

"Hey, guys!" Mom cheered, walking into the door. I looked up from reading a book on Wattpad by someone called "YaimaCR" (A/N btw you should go and follow her) and it was pretty damn good. And I felt bad about her Dreams and Nightmare book. One of the last chapters actually made me feel so bad-

"Hey honey. How was work?" My father asks.

"It was good. Sophia, dear, could you please find somewhere else to 'play', me and your father need to talk."

"Mom, it's not-" she grabbed my arm kind of rough, and tugged me to my feet.

"You know that polite girls don't talk back to their parents. Or, anyone for that matter. Especially if you get a good guy one day, don't talk back to him," she says in a warning voice. I nod, and run for the stairs, but stop about half way up.

"Baby, we need to talk," My mother says.

"Ok, what's wrong?" My dad questions. I heard a sound of happiness sprout from her.

"I'm pregnant!" She squealed. My father was silent for a few minutes. "I-I could also get an abortion, hun."

"You didn't last time," he says in a bitter voice. "She's not exactly worth our time, but she is learning. And once that little bitch gets put in her place, I won't feel so much regret," his ruff voice rings in my ears. "But, keep this kid. We'll make this one listen better. She'll get hit her first time not listening, unlike that brat-"

"I just don't like hitting children," I heard my father's chair slide. "U-unless their bad. And she's bad. She's a bad child. We'll hit her from now on if she intends on disobeying us again," moms voice cracked, and I bit my lip.

"Good. But, this child will be a good one, I can feel it. We won't go too rough with them until she's about... six."

"Six?!" My mother exclaims. "S-six is a good number," she stuttered.

Even being ten, I knew that voice. She was scared. I was scared. But it's not like they were horrible parents. They just... took rules seriously...

"Alright. Now, should we teach her a lesson for talking back, or let it slide?"

"W-we should teach her a lesson," she says.

Then I bolted upstairs. I flipped my light off, and jumped into bed, fighting back tears. Sometimes I wanted them both to die, and sometimes I wanted to die. A lot of the times my father would tell me I was an accident, and I didn't deserve to live, but my mother refused to get an abortion.

I heard footsteps thump up my stairs, and bit my lip. My door swung open, and my father stood there, ruler in his hand.

"Get up!" He yelled. I bit my lip, and pulled myself out of bed. "Grab her and make her stay still," my father instructs my mom. She nods, and runs behind me.

"I'm so sorry, baby.." she whispered gently into my ear.

He grabbed my wrists, and pulled them outwards. Mom held my arms in place, and I saw him lift up that ruler.

"Next time, you won't talk back, got it?" Dad asks. I nodded.

Slam!

The ruler hits the upside of my wrists. I screamed, and struggled against my mom. She made me stay in place, and he hit me again.

"Stop!" I screeched. A burning feeling was radiating off my wrists. It stung so bad.

Tears fell from my face at the pain as he strikes me again. I screamed, and screamed as he hit me about six more times. Then, he hit my mouth twice. I could taste blood. 

Mom let me go, and he stomped downstairs. Mom turned me to face her.

"Look, baby, I'm pregnant. Only a few more months, and the heat is off of you, ok? Just, hang in there..."

~

"Jack.. I hope you're ready to be a father." I mummerd into his ear. "All three tests said positive." He screamed, and hugged me tightly.

And that's when I realized.

I hadn't listened to my mother at all. I talked back to Jack a lot, and I stated my opinion far to much.

That would change.

--

Pretty fun chapter, huh??

Also, whoops, I lied. I updating now.