Twenty Eight

"Shit" I mummerd, leaning my head back into Jack's neck. Intense pain was flooding from my head, neck, and side.

"You ok?" Jack says, his voice full of concern and worry. I shake my head. "Whats wrong? You still hurting?"

"No fuck" I breathed, and wrapped my arms around him, bringing my knees up to my stomach. He sighed, and wrapped his arms around me. "Oh my fucking god, it hurts so much, Jack" I said, feeling tears well up in my closed eyes.

"I wish I could help.. I can give you Ibuprofen, and I hope that works.." he says, kissing my forehead. I nodded, and watched him reach for a bottle. I was in to much pain to deny. "Here" he tells me, handing me three. I downed them with water, and shivered. "Let me see your side" he says. I pulled away, and slightly rolled up the shirt and sweatshirt.

He takes the bandage off, and bites his lip.

"It's infected" he mummerd, and looks up at me. I groaned, and closed my eyes.

"Of course" I said, putting my hands over my face. He laid next to me, and kissed my cheek.

"Look, I'll have Mark check it out. It may need stitches.." he says. My eyes flash open.

"No" I snap.

"I'm sorry, but it's all I can do" he smiles gently. I sighed, and realized I shouldn't be mad at him. He props his head on one hand, the other on my cheek. I smiled lightly, and just gazed up at him.

"You're adorable" I say. He chuckled, and leaned down, kissing my lips gently. I kissed back, my eyes closing. He rubbed my shoulder gently, and pulled away. I rested my head on his shoulder, and curled into a ball.

"Let's go and get Mark to get that cleaned up" he mummerd. "If you want to" I nodded, and sat up.

We walked out, me behind him. Mark saw us, and smiled. But, that faltered as he saw my pained face.

"That wound she has? It's infected" Jack explained, and gripped my hand. Mark freezes, and walked over.

"Well, fuck" he says, and grabs one of the bags. "Ok, lay on the couch, I'll be there in a second" he tells me, and I nodded. Jack walked over, and sat by me.

"I'm sure you'll be ok. You probably won't need stitches" he says, smiling. I shrugged, and Mark came over.

"Ok, roll up your shirt to about here" he motions right under his chest. I did, and he bit his lip. I didn't wanna look, but I did. I closed my eyes, and let my head fall back onto the pillow, and turned sideways so he could view the whole thing. "Ok, I need to clean this up, and redo the bandage. That should be all..." he says, and relief flooded me.

"Ok" I replied. I saw him lift a water bottle up. Except it wasn't water.

"This'll hurt" he says, and I bit my lip. He allowed some drips to sink into a sock.

As soon as the wetness touched my skin, I let out a whimper, and grabbed Jack's shirt in my fists. He wrapped his hand around mine, and placed an arm around my neck. Instincts made me jerk my body to the left.

"Alright. I'll change the bandage now" he says. "Unless.." he looks up at me. "You are ok with stiches. It's going to hurt, no damn lie, but to be honest, it'll help. It won't get infected anymore" he says. I bit my lip.

"O-ok" I responded. "You can" I said.

"Ok. Jack, go get Nate and Felix" Mark says. He nods, and dashes off. I looked at Mark as he took out a needle, and string. I bit my lip, and felt my breath become heavier.

"Are you sure? This is going to hurt a lot. And, I'm a bit squeamish around blood" he says, a weak smile forming on his lips. I nodded, and watched Jack return with Nate and Felix. "Alright, Nate, I want you to hold her legs down, and Jack, hold her arms down. Felix, I need you to hold down her side, right by the wound." He instructs. He looks at me. "And, when you scream, try to scream into Jacks arm." He gives me the same weak smile as before.

I suddenly felt pressure on my legs, sides, and arms. Jack placed his shoulder right by my face.

"Hey, at least after you'll feel much better after this" Jack says, and kisses my lips.

I felt Marks hand go right above the sensitive area, and tried to pull away.

"Tell me when to go" he says, and the needle touched the area.

"Can't y-you knock me out?" I stuttered. Marks shook his head.

"No, because I need to make sure you're awake after, because I need to make sure you can walk, and the stiches aren't loose enough to fall" he replied. I nodded.

"O-ok, go a-ahead" I say, and bury my face into Jack's arm.