Forty Three

{Three months later}

I kicked the water with my feet, and looked at the bulge growing in my stomach.

Two weeks ago, the doctor had finally been able to get the test thing to see the kid. We weren't have a kid- we were having two. It made me happy. It would hurt as fuck, but I was joyful. A boy and girl. Hunter and Rose.

"Hey," I heard a deep voice say. I turned around to see Mark. I smiled. He sat by me, and smiled.

"How you been?" He asks.

"Good," I say, and look down.

"Did you already decide on names?" He asks. I nodded.

"Rose and Hunter," I tell him, and looked his way. "Is it stupid? Me getting pregnant, I mean."

"Nope. I think it was a good idea," he replied. "I gotta go though, I'm cooking for the barbecue. We all know I'll burn the burgers," he laughs. I smirked.

"Make extra. I'm eating for three now," I joked, and heard him laugh.

"I'll see ya in about an hour," he says, and stands up. I looked up, and waved.

--

Jack's POV

I took a bite of the burger, and wiped my mouth. The ketchup was on my lips.

"Nate!" Mat yelled, and handed him a burger. Nate smiled, and took it. He pecked Mat's lips, and took a bite.

"Thanks," Nate says, and sat next to Mat.

I looked at Mark, who was eating a burger, talking with Felix. I felt alone, and wanted Sophie here.

It's been two hours, and I felt scared. She also coulda feel asleep again. I sighed, and finished off the burger.

"Hey, Mark," I say, tapping his shoulder. "I'll be back. I'm going to get Sophia," I tell him, and shove my plate in his chest. "Also, take care of this. Thanks," I add, and walked away.

I walked up to our house, and walked in.

"Sophia?" I called. There was no answer. I sighed, and walked upstairs. I looked in our room, and saw our bathroom door closed. I furrowed my eyes, and walked over to the door. I put my ear up to it. I looked down. There was something red right by my shoe. Blood.

"Open up!" I yelled, banging on the door. No response. "Sophia!" I screamed, and tried the handle. No surprise it was locked. "Open it!" I screamed again, kicking at the door.

I dug out my knife, and attempted to get the door knob off.

After a few seconds, it came off. I hesitated momentarily before slamming it open. I screamed, and dropped to my knees.

"O-oh my god," I gasped, and pulled her into my lap. She didn't move, or say anything. There was so much blood.. that when I saw it. A small thing on the floor. "No!" I screamed, clutching her tightly against me. "No!" I screeched again, and started to cry. Sobbing noises followed. My breath came faster. "Help!" I screeched. "Someone!" I cried harder. I couldn't even talk at that second, just scream and cry.

Eventually, I heard footsteps. Every thing was a blur. Someone whisking Sophia's limp body off of me, someone picking up the small child on the street. Someone stabbing its head. And someone wrapping their arms tightly around me, and a needle going through my arm. My mind was fuzzy, and my head hurt.

"Jack, Shhh.." I heard Mark say. My burning eyes calmed down, and my sobs stopped. "She's probably ok. I'm... so.. so.. so..... so fucking sorry.... you guys... don't deserve that..." he whispered.

"I-Is it dead?" I whimpered, turning around to hug him. He nods. "I.." he pressed his hand against my head.

"I love you, as a friend Jack. I love you a lot, and you need to know you'll get through it. I promise you..." I was overcome with tiredness, and I felt myself slowly jump into sleep. I think it was something to do with that needle, but I'm to hysterical to know.